Small business owners and office managers can now get big-business advantages in a BlackBerry solution. ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

AT&T Announces BlackBerry Professional Software for Small Business

Advertisement

Small business owners and office managers can now get big-business advantages in a BlackBerry solution. AT&T Inc. and Research in Motion announced today the availability of BlackBerry Professional Software for AT&T's small business customers, which provides a wireless communications and collaboration solution with advanced security features designed specifically for small and midsize companies.

BlackBerry Professional Software is a logical and intuitive wireless communications and collaboration solution that provides small business-focused features, security performance and support options in an easy-to-use solution, supporting up to 30 wireless users. It enables wireless access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, business data and Internet access while helping owners and office managers focus on running their business. This new solution helps them to respond quickly to their customers and provides employees with the ability to accomplish more each day by using their BlackBerry smartphones from AT&T.

"BlackBerry Professional Software will allow our small business customers to more easily afford and implement BlackBerry service so that they have many of the controls and security features and the productivity benefits of staying connected that large business customers enjoy," said Michael Woodward, AT&T vice president, Business Voice/Data and Wireless Products. AT&T is the world's largest BlackBerry service provider.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
    The BlackBerry Professional Software package that supports five wireless users out of the box is priced at $499, with a 10-user version priced at $849. These packages include the server software along with CALs. Additional CALs can be purchased individually, in five-packs and in 10-packs to grow the deployment as the small business grows. Special introductory promotional pricing for software and CALs, as well as a large portfolio of BlackBerry smartphones, is available through AT&T's small business account representatives or the Key Contact Center at 866-768-8406.

read more here
    source: PR Newswire

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is this sort of like Blackberry Enterprise Server? What are the benefits of upgrading from BIS?

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    Also, what data plan would each user have to subscribe to? Would it be cheaper than individual BIS plans? What would the cost per phone be on a monthly basis?
    Last edited by mbranscum; 04-21-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    BPS has been around for quite awhile. It's BES-lite. I think it replaces BES-Express. One still needs an email system (Exchange, Notes or GroupWise). You need a BES data plan. What ATT doesn't tell you is you can download it and use it for free for one user. Check it out on the BlackBerry site. I have set up a few of these for small businesses who have a Big Kahuna who wanted a BlackBerry...you can, also, add users for $99 each up to 5 and then can pay an upgrade price to add 5 more.

I see no difference here...just the fact you can buy it from ATT instead of RIM directly. Looks like a marketing deal between RIM and ATT.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    BPS has been around for quite awhile. It's BES-lite. I think it replaces BES-Express. One still needs an email system (Exchange, Notes or GroupWise). You need a BES data plan. What ATT doesn't tell you is you can download it and use it for free for one user. Check it out on the BlackBerry site. I have set up a few of these for small businesses who have a Big Kahuna who wanted a BlackBerry...you can, also, add users for $99 each up to 5 and then can pay an upgrade price to add 5 more.

I see no difference here...just the fact you can buy it from ATT instead of RIM directly. Looks like a marketing deal between RIM and ATT.
    I was so ready to make this point being a current BES Express user w/ 4 of the Berry's on my business account.

Now the magical question is, will RIM discontinue its free one device offer?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    Now the magical question is, will RIM discontinue its free one device offer?
    Yes they are "phasing it out" ... I watched a web cast on blackberry.com and they explained the differences in the versions, and that they were going stop "selling it" but still support it.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    Yes they are "phasing it out" ... I watched a web cast on blackberry.com and they explained the differences in the versions, and that they were going stop "selling it" but still support it.
    Well they *are* phasing out BES Express...but are they getting rid of the free version of BPS with one BB?