Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by phalpernnh Has anybody tried CompanionLink for Google Calendar? I'm not allowed to ... Smartphone News forum

braz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: CompanionLink for Google Calendar

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by phalpernnh
    Has anybody tried CompanionLink for Google Calendar?
    I'm not allowed to post URLs yet, but you can find it on the companionlink web site. There is a free evaluation version, then $30 to purchase. If I try it out, I'll post a review here. If anybody else has tried it, I'd like to know your experience.
    see my post here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._calendar.html
    braz
    www.pdi-inc.net
    Imaging Done Right

phalpernnh no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: CompanionLink for Google Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by phalpernnh
    Has anybody tried CompanionLink for Google Calendar?
    I'm not allowed to post URLs yet, but you can find it on the companionlink web site. There is a free evaluation version, then $30 to purchase. If I try it out, I'll post a review here. If anybody else has tried it, I'd like to know your experience.
    Well, I did try the CompanionLink evaluation and I couldn't get it to synchronize. No matter, I played with it enough to see that it has fewer features than Saraiya's CalendarShare. CompanionLink supports only wired synchronization (although they plan to add OTA sync soon). It appears to be a PC-hosted application, and does not install anything on the BB itself. Unlike CalendarShare, CompanionLink does not seem to have settings to import more than one Google Calendar at a time, so it doesn't allow you to, e.g., import your boss's or spouse's calendar in addition to your own. On top of all that, it costs $30 to CalendarShare's $20.

I tried CalendarShare, too, and (as others have already reported), it works well. It does have some limitations -- for example it only synchronizes future events, not past events, and has problems when syncronizing too far into the future. I wish someone (Google) would create a program that allows for multiple calendars on the BlackBerry and which synchronizes with GCal. ClearSync for Palm OS can do this, except that it synchronizes with its own web-based calendar instead of Google Calendar. ClearSync also synchronizes your address book, which is very nice. I used ClearSync's predecessor, WeSync, and I miss it. Maybe ClearSync will someday run on BB.

For the moment, though, CalendarShare seems to be the best bet, especially for those of us that use BES. GCalSync might be just as good or better for those who don't use BES.

K9tucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20379ea4

Re: Sync Blackberry w/ Google Calendar - GCALSYNC

Ok,
    I've been reading and trying to cress reference about 4 different threads. I just downloaded this on my 7100g ( I know I had the BB then stopped using and now am again and are gonna wait a little while to decide how to upgrade) anyway...

I just downloaded this v1.11 others above stated the newest version works somewhat OK.

I get the "failed due to java.io.IOExcpetion: Input stream already open"

Is this to do with my older phone or something I'm not getting or figuring out with reading the forum??

Thanks all!!

John

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Download version 1.26 from http://code.google.com/p/gadjet/ it solved a few issues and generally works a lot better.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by DesertBlade
    Download version 1.26 from http://code.google.com/p/gadjet/ it solved a few issues and generally works a lot better.
    cool, thanks for the link. I didn't know Google had their own app for doing this. I prefer not to use 3rd party apps for mail or calendars
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

It is not an offical google app, and I know he is working on a new version so hopefully soon. By the way here is the OTA link http://wappy.to/gcalsync

JoeMack no está en línea Stack level 1

erased hours of calander data within seconds on my google calander. Thanks gcalERASER. Never knew of a sync program that didn't ask if was going to over write EVERYTHING.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

So I downloaded this gcalsync program and here is the problems I am getting. When I sync it starts the time as 12:00am even though I am selecting a specific date in gmail. When I add something and resync it, it dulicates the entry. Any ideas about this or should I delete the program and buy one that has been made?
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

bump..so any thoughts on my last reply?

Last edited by rabbie303; 08-09-2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Io
    Io no está en línea Stack level 2

Very poor program. Doesn't work well. It keeps getting the times wrong. And when you re-sync, it just ads the same things on top of the others so you have the same events on there more than once. I finally got it to work how I wanted, but it was more hastle that it was worth. I already deleated it.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Any other news on this or another app that works better for syncing Google Calendar with the BB? I'm VERY interested in this.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

rajeshpr no está en línea Stack level 1

It never worked, i tried on google apps, It connected passed the test, but doesnt upload, no error.
    Have a question what if you have multiple calenders?

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

I still have to do Google Calendar -> Outlook via GSyncIt -> Desktop Manager -> bb 8320 for my Vista workstation. On my Mac, I have to do Google Calendar -> Entourage via Spanning Sync -> PocketMac -> bb 8320.

codybb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Any other news on this or another app that works better for syncing Google Calendar with the BB? I'm VERY interested in this.
    i would like to here of another app all together. gcal seems to have lost too many peoples stuff. wow that's is scary.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by codybb View Post
    i would like to here of another app all together. gcal seems to have lost too many peoples stuff. wow that's is scary.
    How about the official Google Sync?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast