This is from our content partner Russell Shaw ( BBhub.com ). "...the events of last ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Stock plunges after annual meet: trouble in BlackBerry-land?

Advertisement

This is from our content partner Russell Shaw (BBhub.com).

"...the events of last week appear to run counter to what the BlackBerry community would have wished for." - Read More

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Re: Stock plunges after annual meet: trouble in BlackBerry-land?

Interesting news. Wife wondered about RIM because of all the litigation associated with them over the last couple of years.

I'm here to tell you that I've used Windows Mobile devices and they are not stable. They might be if you run them straight as they come, but that's not very interesting or useful. What makes mobile computers interesting and useful is the ability to add software to enhance their utility to the individual.

I had far better luck with PalmOS devices, even with add-on software. PalmOS is more stable than Windows Mobile. So far, BBOS has proven quite stable. That's a very important factor.

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

This is a bit scary.:cry:
    i really hope i havent invested in obtaining a BB only to have it become extinct within a year.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~i wouldn't fret. There is a ton of selling going on right now. bbs rock. They will survive.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I've been thinking about this too. I haven't been following RIM stock, so I can't really offer an opinion, but I doubt there is any reason to worry. I posted about my experience with the competition (Windows Mobile) in another thread. While M$ has plenty of punch in terms of the markets, their devices are not as strong technically, at least IMHO. So, I'm not too worried about the rumored demise of RIM and the BB.

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Post Re: Stock plunges after annual meet: trouble in BlackBerry-land?

IMHO, RIM's BB will survive because it is an important "tool" for many of us road warriors where efficiency such as OS stability and battery life is important. As for Windows Mobile, Microsoft is trying to produce something which is Jack of all trade but Master of none. They are trying to produce something that suits Gamers, Song Lovers, Business Executives, Photographers, etc. End up having all the things (that we might not use) crammed up to the Windows Mobile which causes them to be unstable and not to say "power hungry" which is a no no to Road Warriors, where they are never near a power outlet for days.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

BlackBerry will survive. I've had 6 Windows Mobile devices fail, dating back to an iPAQ 3835 (don't remember the OS as this was a little over 6 years ago) up to Windows Mobile 5 on a Dell Axim X50. I've also had 3 Sidekicks with the Hiptop/Danger OS (constant crashes and signal drops). I've not had a Palm OS based device yet but am scared to find out what would happen. I've even had a Samsung phone crash more times than I care to count. None of these problems with a BlackBerry.