Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone know where are they available now? I ordered thru telesales just to find out ... Smartphone News forum

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Sprint's 8830 already available in select stores

Advertisement

Anyone know where are they available now?
    I ordered thru telesales just to find out that they were on back order and expect to have them back in stock in about 2 weeks!.. so I cancelled.
    I dont qualify for any rebates so was going to pay MSRP..

nakas no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Sprint 8830 not on sprint.com

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146
    I broke down and bought one instead of waiting (couldn't stand the pent up anticipation, jwcanada). At first, the young lady I spoke to said I would have to pay $549.00 since I had switched phones 5 months ago.

I referenced the $250.00 instant discount, and the $100.00 rebate on the Sprint web site, and asked her, "Why can't I have that price? Is a new customer more valuable to Sprint than a long-time loyal customer who only wants the latest available product?" (I don't mind asking questions like that and sitting through the awkward, silent moments afterward).

She asked if she could put me on hold to check something, and when she came back she sold it to me for the discounted price, after I verbally acknowledged that if I don't wait the requisite amount of time before switching again to a new device, I will have to pay full retail price.

Sometimes you need to thank the person you're speaking to for their help, and either ask to speak to someone else, or call back. What are the odds of getting the same agent? Besides, if you don't ask, the answer is always "NO!".
    Man you have got it down to a science :-) I am just waiting for my 8830 to arrive; it should be here today. For those of you out there who would like to get the same deal my advise is never get upset with the sales rep b/c most times than not they are just trying to do what they've been taught. And like ma077146 said you are bound to get a more helpful rep if you just hang up and call back. I've yet to not get anything that I wanted from Sprint. Granted I always pay my bill on time and/or before it is do. Thus you might want to come with some leverage :-)

Infinitymach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BEC5B6

Its so funny you said that "Ma077146", cause i went online last night only to find out that a new blackberry was finally out for the nextel/ sprint family. when i first searched i was given the price of 599.99 because of me constantly buying this 7100i scratch attraction. i re-order again with 2 in my shopping cart but one had the discount and the other obviously didnt. I just garbaged the 599.00 order and went along with the 199.00 after the mail-in and whaaa laaa. water drops overcome solid stone if u deal with persistance.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

A number of years back my employer sent me to a series of Business Management courses at USC (South Carolina, not Southern California!). The two best were "The Power of Negotiation", and "Assertiveness Training".

Once I realized that everything is negotiable, and it's ok to be assertive (not aggressive), I started doing a lot of things differently.

If anyone wants to read a good book on negotiation strategies, look for one by Penguin books called "Getting to Yes - Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In", written by Roger Fisher and William Ury. Some blokes at Harvard studied successful negotiations in real life business situations for around 20 years.

The book shows how to avoid the win/lose mentality, and how to build and foster the win/win approach. You can probably find a good used copy for a few dollars through Amazon.
    Last edited by ma077146; 07-11-2007 at 05:02 PM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Folks the number that I was given and called (Even told by the Sprint representitive that he would call me when I was ready to order it on Friday !!!) is 866-289-8375

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12