Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did not know about the S2 modem option. Has anyone tried it to confirm ... Smartphone News forum

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I did not know about the S2 modem option. Has anyone tried it to confirm it is possible without paying the additional monthly charge?

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Verizon allows storm users and now the tour users to have phone as modem as an option. The older devices like my 8330 have to pay extra for that option. Moto uses a storm2 and it is a free option no extra charges. Sprint really needs to get there act together if they would like to gain business.
    So, what you are saying is that you could tether a storm or tour with verizon with just the basic blackberry pack and still get PAM without paying extra with verizon?

Many of my friends have storms and tours through verizon, but if they want to do PAM, they either have to "risk it" or pay extra.....can you explain this more to me so I can tell my friends?

Sprint just blocked tethering to those who were just "risking it" before

rlove no está en línea Stack level 1
    Typical Sprint, that is why I got away from this carrier a long time ago. They just do not care for thier customers, come on guys you really can't call your plan everything when it's really not everything.

jakelll no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3130dee0
    People make me laugh, I'm sure when they jump from one carrier to another, they are never gonna say they made a mistake.

les8330 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can still PAM with sprint on a bb plan with added unlimited PAM by using the Smartview on my laptop but the updated Smartview won't let it work with a PAM. So DON'T update to new version of Smartview like I did. I had to go to the sprint store and have them DL the older version back on to my laptop.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/1280; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by les8330 View Post
    I can still PAM with sprint on a bb plan with added unlimited PAM by using the Smartview on my laptop but the updated Smartview won't let it work with a PAM. So DON'T update to new version of Smartview like I did. I had to go to the sprint store and have them DL the older version back on to my laptop.

YEP!! the same thing happened to me...fortunately, i had an older version of sprint smartview still saved

Also was told by the sprint store tech that it is Blackberry that is putting the stop on tethering, not sprint. And that it would cutting off tethering with All carriers.
    So it may just look like BB is wanting to make sure people are not getting free tethering.

I would think we could PAM somehow in our Network Connections on the computer without using Smartview.

Also was told by the sprint store tech that it is Blackberry that is putting the stop on tethering, not sprint. And that it would cutting off tethering with All carriers.
    So it may just look like BB is wanting to make sure people are not getting free tethering.

that is false...why would RIM care if people tether??

only carriers care..

Well if they are tethering with just a data plan thru sprint and not buy the higher bb business plan then bb is loosing $, so I guess maybe bb is wanting to force more people to have to buy thru them what their getting for free thru the carriers.
    I'm really not sure and I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

Well if they are tethering with just a data plan thru sprint and not buy the higher bb business plan then bb is loosing $, so I guess maybe bb is wanting to force more people to have to buy thru them what their getting for free thru the carriers.
    I'm really not sure and I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.
    there is no higher bb business plan...its BES...

BES has nothing to do with PAM

RIM only makes their money from BIS and BES...not PAM

But if bb is still charging me for the unlimited data PAM on my plan then they shud at least give me a way to tether and let me use it Right?
    As of yet I haven't received any notice from Sprint that I will be loosing my PAM.
    But with their new update (Smartview) it won't let you. Does bb have a program to use to connect PAM?

I ended up dropping my Free BIS which had PAM for an everything plan....and I can't use PAM

I have resorted to using Tether...same thing and you don't get charged and sprint can't find out

I think the new sprint smartview not working has to do with the software, not because BB doesn't want you to have PAM

I think sprint doesn't want you to have PAM and would rather you buy a data card

But to get the unlimited PAM with sprint you have to have a BES plan Right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast