Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's some good news for die-hard Nextel iDEN network-fans. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse announced at ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Sprint prepping to launch iDEN BlackBerry with WiFi in 2008

Advertisement

Here's some good news for die-hard Nextel iDEN network-fans. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse announced at CTIA that Sprint will be bringing the addictive smartphone goodness of the BlackBerry to Nextel customers still loyal to the iDEN network-based service.

[Read More]

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Oh I wonder what it will pack with it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm really thinking BS till I hear more info. There hasn't been an iden blackberry in like 4 years, and now they're gonna get a new one? I thought they were gonna try and phase out iden.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    I'm really thinking BS till I hear more info. There hasn't been an iden blackberry in like 4 years, and now they're gonna get a new one? I thought they were gonna try and phase out iden.
    I thought the same thing especially with qchat technology coming to life. Thought for sure the next bb with ptt would be either a hybrid or sport Qchat. Supposedly have "recommitted to iDEN" after they were phasing out hand sets left and right. We shall see
    "This life almost didn't happen"

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Nextel was doing well until the Sprint/Nextel merger. The iDEN technology is still very much in use, and won't be going away any time soon. There has even been a lot of talk about spinning off iDEN networks to Public Safety.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Nextel was doing well because store did not have Sprint phones in the store. So now u have a store with Nextel phones on one side Sprint phones that do amazingly more. Yes it is coming out I dunno when I do work for Sprint so I can vouch. It will def be a HUGE seller for the fact there will be a ton of people buying one and swapping sims. I'm def gonna buy one. Blackberry plus chirp would be crazy but as long as its not bulky. Until then Sprint blackberry curve fo' ya

mafio78 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    401ec7b4

Thumbs up

that is good news, my 7100i is driving me nuts, we have all these new features and my phone just dosen't support it...so ill say YEA !!!!! to the new CEO
    MafiO78...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I would agree with you, unless I had seen the device with my own eyes (as has CP). It actually is going to be released.

It's based on the 83XX series platform for the most part.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Only reason I know is because some of my coworkers came back from Kansas City with some good info, not just on BB, Ive seen the entire roadmap for 2008, sick let me tell you. The instinc is the stuff, but Im not a cheater, once you go BB, you never go back.

NickCat11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Will the new nextel blackberry with wifi have data services on the sprint side or on the slower nextel iden side? Thanks

Nick

aniwatson no está en línea Stack level 3
    then there is a god ! lmao cant wait my 7100i is driving me insane too!!!!!!!!!

mafio78 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    401ec7b4

Thumbs up yo hayden

can we get a pic!!!!!
    MafiO78...

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Can anyone say comeback. I have also peeked at some of the handsets Sprint/Nextel have in the pipeline. I agree "it is sick" I was kinda getting worried there for a min. Have I think it is six sprint handsets with ptt coming. I also do retail for sprint (indirect) and have alot of biz customers ready to jump ship if we dont get another bb with push to talk here pretty quick. The 7100i is what like 3-4 yrs old now. Had a lot of them "upgrade" and go right back to the 7520 alot of people did not consider that an upgrade..Yep, "props" to the new CEO he might save this ship yet
    "This life almost didn't happen"

bcashen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4013E081
    lets hope they don;t take too long to get a new bberry out to support Direct Connect, i work in the construction industry and there are tons of people that still use/need DC and now that technology is growing they don't want the cheezy flip handsets but the more capable handsets... so if they get this new bberry out this could for sure help Sprint/Nextel!!!

Hurry up and get it out, i'll be one of the first in line to upgrade from my 7100i!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast