Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by srl7741 ^^Good Point. It's definitely going to be a interesting to see ... Smartphone News forum

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    ^^Good Point. It's definitely going to be a interesting to see what happens (if anything). Are carriers gearing up for 2010 and 2 core cell phones using 4G and data 24/7 and Apps that deliver personal content better than any web browser ever will?
    Just to re-visit this -- I also can't wait for these changes, but you are leaving out a small thing -- battery life. The problem right now is technology is going ahead so fast, that even though the battery life is improving like crazy, it's still not good enough. Remember when the first color cellphone came out, how no one wanted it because it used up the battery about 1/2x faster? Then this changed, but smart-phones got popular. Then more "pda-type" phones. Now, "smart-phones" which are really full blown computers are almost a standard -- prime ex: iPhone/Android/Latest Blackberry. The biggest problem is that we are starting to expect streaming music from the internet on our phones as a standard. I remember when I was thinking "MP3's on a phone? that's stupid because it will burn your battery". Now I think "slacker on my phone...it better work for 2 hours a day, and I still want my phone to last the whole day".
    It comes down to the fact that battery life has increased by 4-6 times, (iphone in edge can do 12 hours of talk time), but we now need wifi, 3g, IM, twitter, facebook, push email, music, video, etc...

What really needs to happen is the development of a VERY high end battery that lasts about 2+ days, at least. That will really be a game changer.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Just to re-visit this -- I also can't wait for these changes, but you are leaving out a small thing -- battery life. The problem right now is technology is going ahead so fast, that even though the battery life is improving like crazy, it's still not good enough. Remember when the first color cellphone came out, how no one wanted it because it used up the battery about 1/2x faster? Then this changed, but smart-phones got popular. Then more "pda-type" phones. Now, "smart-phones" which are really full blown computers are almost a standard -- prime ex: iPhone/Android/Latest Blackberry. The biggest problem is that we are starting to expect streaming music from the internet on our phones as a standard. I remember when I was thinking "MP3's on a phone? that's stupid because it will burn your battery". Now I think "slacker on my phone...it better work for 2 hours a day, and I still want my phone to last the whole day".
    It comes down to the fact that battery life has increased by 4-6 times, (iphone in edge can do 12 hours of talk time), but we now need wifi, 3g, IM, twitter, facebook, push email, music, video, etc...

What really needs to happen is the development of a VERY high end battery that lasts about 2+ days, at least. That will really be a game changer.
    Go ahead get started on that and reap the profits I wish I could.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    T-Mo has officially squashed this idea btw. They're looking for an investor for their 4G network, but have totally abandoned the idea of a Sprint merger. Last details were on possibly one with AT&T, but I paid a good voodoo priest to block that for me.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    2 companies with major issues that have them last and next to last in the carrier wars are going to team up? What a mess that would be!!
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

iyzick05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Totaly agree. I've with tmo forever. I'd have to leave if they lost they're cs. But it would be pretty sweet to be rolling 4G and be able to watch live football games!?!

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah folks.. we all know, or should know, that 4G on a handset is still a year out at least. manufacturers aren't going to invest in making them until the networks are deployed enough that they can realistically sell them. I suspect that we will see 4G data cards 1st, as Sprint is doing with its 4G network (which is nothing more than a rebranding of Clear's WiMax service).
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123