Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

In the strictest of terms, I am able to exist without a great deal of ... Smartphone News forum

Stellina no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

In the strictest of terms, I am able to exist without a great deal of things. The only things I am unable to live without are food, water and shelter.

The real question is, why would I willingly do without my Berry? What is this, the Dark Ages?
    Last edited by Stellina; 07-01-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: tyops

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have and I didn't mind it all that much. People know that I don't always respond immediately to my texts or mail. And I hardly use BB Messenger. Plus, I don't use AOL or ICQ either. I guess I'm just not all that well connected.

Usually, I'm without it when backpacking -- but then I don't really miss it. Around town I do like it for the convenience. Google maps w/ gps and the ability to get in touch with people on the fly is a huge plus.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I mean, I could but, it'd be.a challenge.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The question: So could you live without your BB?

I just had to put it up there, as I sit here in disbelief...

Do What?
    For How Long?

Come On Please... this is archer6 remember?

What ME?
    Surely your kidding...
    I must have read it wrong...
    I must be sleep walking...
    This has GOT to be a BAD DREAM...

No?
    Your serious?

Well I am too....BlackBerry Land is where I live....
    And I'm NOT Moving Anytime Soon......

rsto no está en línea Stack level 2
    sometimes i wish i could just shut it off and leave it alone, but than i remember that its my only source of communication to the rest of the world when im at home. so sad to say i dont believe i could. its pretty much with me everywhere i go.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I think the only time I would be able to voluntarily *turn it off* is if I was out of range for any kind of connection. Its semi useless to me without that

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I agree with you Cherri. The only time I had my BB off was on a cruise to Cozumel. I did the exact same thing as you did. I can not live without my BB, its my life!!!!!!!

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    So the harsh reality of dropping the extra $ on a BB has set in for me. The extra $ a month Im spending is hurting the pocket book. But hopefully after Oct/Nov I can come back to using my BB. I was looking to just drop the data portion but what good is a BB w/o data right? So until a couple of my extra lines' contracts are up I have to let it go. :cry: Ill be back though, I know that. Im way way to used to using this 8130 for daily things. But I gota find a reg phone first, lol
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspd View Post
    So the harsh reality of dropping the extra $ on a BB has set in for me. The extra $ a month Im spending is hurting the pocket book. But hopefully after Oct/Nov I can come back to using my BB. I was looking to just drop the data portion but what good is a BB w/o data right? So until a couple of my extra lines' contracts are up I have to let it go. :cry: Ill be back though, I know that. Im way way to used to using this 8130 for daily things. But I gota find a reg phone first, lol
    i can certainly relate. i can remember a time when car payment (then) was less than my cell bill is now and i don't ever go over anything. its just 2 kids, 2 adults, 2 bb's, family txt plan. it all adds up plus we have the extra line for the wireless card for when he travels.

pinstack can help curb the withdrawals you will feel without the BB you should update your blog on here with daily posts on how you are doing without the bb

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    I can honestly say, after having my BB since last November, I'm addicted. I don't realize it until I'm out of service or out of battery. But losing my BB in mid text convo's, or waiting for a phone call has proved difficult. I agree with the article you quoted, the thought of an emergency, or plans changing etc truly worries me.

I even had a minor panic attack while upgrading my OS just now

Ok so its not that bad, but I still sometimes take an outside the box look and realize how pitiful the situation is. When/If the time comes, I think I would be alright without my BB. But it would not be easy.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Not a chance. I have an 8830 with Bell and an 8330 with telus. I also have the 7100i (on the telus Mike network) for communicating with the office.

I travel all over Canada. While both my world phone and my curve are never in the dark for phone, the different carriers have dead zones for data. Thus different phones on different carriers.

My other half can't wake me up to save her life. If, on the other hand she sends an email or SMS msg as soon as my trusty Berry beeps I am up and responding!!

Loss of a phone would be devastating. My response to people who come up with reasons to turn off MY phone is to tell them to stop breathing or blinking...

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    I didn't know BB existed until I had the first LG 9800 (aka the V) or something like that. That was the beginning of the end for me as now I am fully addicted the BB's.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have when I go on fishing ir hiking trips. I check sporactically throughout the day but that's it. When we go on our friends and family trips I'm ordered to carry my BB, by everyone who doesn't have one, because of the nationwide/international calling, alarm-to make sure we all get up on time or as a reminder, google maps, internet, and to have one just in case we need to call 911. I don't mind really when everyone goes on rides or whatever were doin. Mine is attached to my hip. I also have a mini-heart attack when I do my wallet-keys-BB check and its not attached to my belt.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ ive had those mini heart-attacks. not fun ...

ikandi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Nitra
    I can live without it but I don't want to, I don't wanna even think about having to part ways with my berry, makes me sad lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast