Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The question has been presented here time and time again While getting caught up on ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

So could you live without your BB?

Advertisement

The question has been presented here time and time again

While getting caught up on all the BB news from the weekend, I ran across this article.

In order to put Michael's words to the test, I decided to go a whole weekend without my mobile phone. It was always going to be a struggle. I admit I am a phone addict. I even own a BlackBerry -- dubbed CrackBerry for its ability to turn its user into a twitchy text and e-mail-checking junkie.

On the Friday afternoon, I frantically made my plans for the evening and following morning, arranging times and places for meeting people, begging them not to change them because I didn't even have a landline on which to be reached.

Then, at 6pm, I switched it off. There's only one word to describe the immediate feeling that rushed over: guilt. What if someone desperately needed to contact me? How will I know if I got a new Facebook message?! Will people ever forgive me for ignoring them?

Then the fear set in. What if there was some emergency? Where's my nearest phone box? How much does a call even cost on a payphone?!
    I can honestly say that I have gone through withdrawals (once when I was on a cruise ship) and they got the best of me. I would turn wireless on just long enough to get new messages, then turn wireless off to read them...shameful, I know, but I am a true addict.

How bout you? Have you had to go without your BB? Was it voluntary?

[read more]

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    People laugh at me because I always have two BlackBerries on me....Both have active SIM cards. Usually the combo is 8800, Bold, or 8320 as the primary on my hip and my old reliable 7290 in my briefcase.

charliehutch no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes.........I'll just use my iPhone. Have the World Edition 8830 and 8330, both active and Im quite bored with blakberry's to be quite honest. Used the 8300 and 8310 for quite sometime as well, so the Curve 8330 was no big deal to me like it was for other CDMA users.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the 8700g and the pearl, then just bought an iPhone. I was bored of my bb's for a minute due to the novelty of the iPhone. However, I received a curve for free as an upgarde so now the novelty has turned to the 8310 ...for now

Amaretto325 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BF66CF
    Absolutely not. No matter how bored I get with it, I always find some way to tweak the settings and making it interesting again.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Of course not.....I dont think any of us can!!! Im sure we all have the phantom L.E.D and Ringtone moments. And you true addicts know what I'm talking about.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    yes. I use my nokia 8390 time after time. Reminds me of the good ole days.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    No, and thats why I've been up all night getting it back to 100% after a 523 error message, gotta work today and just can't be without it for one sec...

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    yes i could live without my BB,did not start buying them until they started to get better with the 81,83,88 series before that would not be caught with one of the old styles,they were not very appealing.old BB were like having a bag phone,not too cool.lol
    Mike

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Because my BlackBerry is for personal use, I force myself to leave it at home while I work. I'm hopelessly addicted, and I do this in an effort to tell myself that I'm not.

Rumpole no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24651A75
    I go without my Blackberry every weekend. I get hundreds of emails and dozens of phone calles every week and I just need to be out of contact with work and my clients on the weekend. I have another phone with a different number on another phone service that only my friends and family ( and one or two clients) have the number.
    I turn my BB off on Friday evening and don't turn it on until either late Sunday night or first thing Monday.
    Sorry, I have a life outside of work and after lo these many years, I try to keep my priorities in order.

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it
    No, i will not.
    My BB is my child, and is attached to me.
    I will not leave it. It sleeps, eats & yes, goes with me in the bathroom.

My ex tried to take my BB away from me when i was at his house, well obv now he is my ex. lol
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    I could, but I wouldn't like it

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Of course I can

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast