SMobile's Security Software Protects Against Malware Demonstrated by 'BBProxy' Creator SMobile Systems has announced that ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

SMobile's Blackberry Security Software Protects Against BBproxy!

Advertisement

SMobile's Security Software Protects Against Malware Demonstrated by 'BBProxy' Creator

SMobile Systems has announced that its mobile anti-virus solution for BlackBerry offers immediate protection against many vulnerabilities exposed by the BBProxy. SMobile's VirusGuard for BlackBerry provides broad detection and protection of new malware threats to BlackBerry, including the specific malware attack demonstrated by D'Aguanno at the recent DEFCON hacker convention in Las Vegas.

Smobile VirusGuard stops malware and other threats at the handset -- so users can continue to access the full functionality of their BlackBerry devices. In contrast, security measures instituted at the corporate network level typically require IT administrators to enforce strict device capability limitations, such as prohibiting the downloading of third-party applications onto the device. This potentially blocks users' access to key applications that would otherwise improve job performance and increase productivity.

"The threat level to mobile phones is hotly debated, but it's hard to ignore the increasing number of viruses and other intrusions facing mobile devices around the world -- particularly when critical business information is at stake," said Neil Book, President of SMobile Systems. "By working closely with wireless operators, device manufacturers, and enterprises around the world, SMobile can deliver a solution to protect millions of BlackBerry users, without limiting the full BlackBerry experience."

Read our Smobile VirusGaurd review or visit www.smobilesystems.com

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: SMobile's Blackberry Security Software Protects Against BBproxy!

Viruses and threats to mobile phones. Who would have thought? Thanks for the info Hydn!

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

geeezzz now we have to get AV for our phones too...!!!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This really worries me cuz where would people look for a group of BlackBerry users to hit with viruses, I can only think of a few places. pinstack, BBforums, etc.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

the only way a virus is gonna hit your bb is through e-mail - because the bb does not have an ir port and you cant transfer info via bluetooth and if your pop3 e-mail server has anti virus on it then what will hit you?? also most viruses are writen in a windows based code and have heard of none for the blackberry. umm but you knows what will happen in cause we all know the world is going to hell in a handbasket

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

I just downloaded it. gonna install here in a bit. I say better safe than sorry. And these BB's cost to much to take a chance with.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I have the version for 8700 on my device. Obviously I haven't come across a virus yet, or atleast it hasn't detected one, however, I don't want to be the test-rabbitt on this one and purposely load a virus into my device just to make sure the product can find it.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Here are a few sceenshots of it in action.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it was only a matter of time. Soon enough they will be coding them into mobile phone programs. I would guess keyloggers to be the first

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Does anyone have any experience, so far, using SMobile's Security Software...or is it better safe than sorry time?

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Post Re: SMobile's Blackberry Security Software Protects Against BBproxy!

I downloaded it anyway, since I, apparently, like living on the 'edge'. The SMobile download went just fine; the virus scan also just fine. SMobile only gives you 2 days for the trial; leaves the software on your system but stops the scanning/protection function. Seems OK, no problems, no black screens; so...I just don't know if I need it yet...no evidence of viruses attacking my 8700c but I am starting to get a few spam creeping through from my other email systems (though I do have virus protection on those systems). Seems like a bigger threat might be malware from the web. still unsure...

Quote Originally Posted by ablefton
    Does anyone have any experience, so far, using SMobile's Security Software...or is it better safe than sorry time?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I notice the spam coming through as well. Had BB for a year never had the spam, now Yahoo is deciding it will let some pass.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

think i may give it a try and see what happens - thanks for the information
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

SMobileMan no está en línea Stack level 1

SMobile Systems has posted an offering to Pinstack Members. If you visit this link you will be able to purchase the application at a discounted price.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...k_members.html

Zro
    Zro no está en línea Stack level 1

Actually, these forums are some of the worst places for people to look for victems for malware on the BlackBerry. In order to get this on the BlackBerry you have to conciously go to a website and download it. THEN you have to conciously tell it to allow the connection from the handheld. This is NOT something that can be delivered without you knowing.

As for the comment about "the only way a virus is gonna hit your bb is through e-mail" is wrong. You cannot run programs through email. The attachment server does not process .cod files as valid attachments (even if you add .cod as a valid extension).

In my opinion, I hate how people try to use fear tactics to peddle their wares. User education would be much better in my opinion. Yes, I know that the average person does not want to be educated...But there are some that become better users with some education.

That's just my opinion, but it's worth a heck of a lot more than $0.02.

Zro