Hackers may target popular new devices with a rapidly growing user base like smartphones and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Smartphones & Windows 7 top targets of hackers in 2010

Advertisement

Hackers may target popular new devices with a rapidly growing user base like smartphones and Microsoft's operating system Windows 7 next year, a study said.

Security solutions firm Websense Inc in its list of security predictions for 2010 said that hackers will look to compromise new platforms such as smartphones and take advantage of the popularity of Windows 7.

Read More

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    lol. it's not even mainstream yet and win7 already sucks.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gotta love microsoft
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    I actually feel really bad for all the Mac owners - especially the ones who aren't computer savvy and bought them on the premise that they are 'un-hackable' or can't get viruses. No one has had the need or want to create one for a Mac since they weren't main stream business computers (the pictures of you and your grandma from last Christmas aren't worth the time and effort).

Now with the advent the the iPhone being used for business more and more; hackers now have the want. The iPhone has already shown it's true colors in the vulnerability area, a code of 160 (or less) characters can hack it. The high and mighty complex of Apple will go down like a lead balloon the very moment one of their Mac's gets a virus or is hacked.

Apple isn't the only one that needs to worry - all other smartphone makers need to at least think of implementing some sort of anti virus. Yes, even the proven 'un-hackable' Blackberry should consider this, maybe using a heuristic anti virus since no virus's really exist for smartphones yet. Hell, Windows mobile has anti virus software; at least they admit that nothing is hacker and virus proof.
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    I actually feel really bad for all the Mac owners - especially the ones who aren't computer savvy and bought them on the premise that they are 'un-hackable' or can't get viruses. No one has had the need or want to create one for a Mac since they weren't main stream business computers (the pictures of you and your grandma from last Christmas aren't worth the time and effort).

Now with the advent the the iPhone being used for business more and more; hackers now have the want. The iPhone has already shown it's true colors in the vulnerability area, a code of 160 (or less) characters can hack it. The high and mighty complex of Apple will go down like a lead balloon the very moment one of their Mac's gets a virus or is hacked.

Apple isn't the only one that needs to worry - all other smartphone makers need to at least think of implementing some sort of anti virus. Yes, even the proven 'un-hackable' Blackberry should consider this, maybe using a heuristic anti virus since no virus's really exist for smartphones yet. Hell, Windows mobile has anti virus software; at least they admit that nothing is hacker and virus proof.

I can't put that better myself.

I told my BFF who owns a Mac, that the reason they don't get those cause hackers don't see a reason to steal your pictures. Plus they hate Microsoft. When they find a reason too; your Mac wont be so special. Well as stubborn as all mac users are, she don't believe me. All I said is wait and see.
    Thats the only selling point the Mac has is, that they don't freeze or get various.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post

Well said.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's obvious really, they pick the largest targets.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ummm....It's the Hackers "trying" to take down Windows.
    Is that MS's fault?

SO when a robber tries to take your car, blame the car?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)