Berryreview.com alerted readers of a Slingplayer for BlackBerry Beta program. More details... The rumors are ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

SlingPlayer video player for BlackBerry Beta program

Advertisement

Berryreview.com alerted readers of a Slingplayer for BlackBerry Beta program. More details...

The rumors are true.... we've been tinkering around with a BlackBerry to the point that we'll be able to demo video streaming at CES in Las Vegas, January 7 - 10, 2008!

However, the beta program is still a ways off. If you'd like to be notified when we're ready to recruit for it (down the road), follow the steps below.

FYI, Vicky, our Product Manager Extraordinaire, spent much of 2007 in discussions with Research in Motion (RIM)--directly in response to customer requests. Now that they're moving towards supporting streaming video, we're jumping at the chance to develop a client for the platform.

HOW TO BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE BETA PROGRAM (DATE TBD)

You will need both a Slingbox and a BlackBerry to be considered for participation. To let us know that you have these items:
    1. On the left panel, click "Add Platform"
    2. Then click "Computers & Handhelds" to add your BlackBerry info; click "Slingbox" to add your Slingbox; and add anything else you want us to know about.
    3. It will also help greatly to complete the User Profile (also left panel), as we'll be looking for a diversity of people.
    4. Lastly: Make sure your EMAIL ADDRESS is accurate: click on Personal Account to check.
    Again, the beta program won't be starting for awhile (no dates yet), but if you do the above, we'll keep you in the loop of important dates. You're also welcome to check back here, anytime.

Sling on!
    Sharon Rylander
    Beta Manager, Sling Media
    Signup here

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: SlingPlayer video player for BlackBerry Beta program

Great news, thanks.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Steve, what is SlingBox? TIA

Entropy666 no está en línea Stack level 1

Check out our Reviews of Blackberry software and accessories
    BerryReview.com - Giving back to the BlackBerry Community

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

that's awesome!!!! i'm going to have to look into one of these
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I just talked to

Brian Jaquet

Director, Public Relations
    Sling Media, Inc.
    Direct: 650-293-8022
    jaquet@slingmedia.com

and was asking him question about this and was told that they are waiting on a firmware upgrade on the blackberry's to make this technology work. He said that the problem is that they can't stream video. Told him that I was aware of this for my 8830 and that the 8130 can though and would this be available now for that with the beta software. He kept saying you can stream video on your 8130 and I said yes, he said I am not talking about just open your media player and playing some video's off of your card and I said I know, streaming off of the internet. He treated me like I am full of ****. So, I want to know. Is watching video's off of youtube and watching msnbc mobile and watching tv on mobitv and video's off of orb. Is this not streaming video off of the internet or am I being a tard...
    Let me know! LOL