Making good on a promise made at CES 2008, Sling Media has announced that a ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

SlingPlayer coming to BlackBerry phones

Making good on a promise made at CES 2008, Sling Media has announced that a beta version of the company's SlingPlayer Mobile software will be available on select BlackBerry smartphones starting December 30.

BlackBerry users who own the Bold, Curve 8900 & 8320, 8820, Pearl Flip 8220, and Pearl 8120 will be able to stream video to their smartphone using a Slingbox device.

The download requires BlackBerry device software 4.5 or higher and will be free for a limited time. We'd imagine once the beta lifts, all users will be required to pay the one-time fee of $30.

Sling Media is recommending a Wi-Fi connection for optimal viewing performance on some of the BlackBerry models (that support it); otherwise, a high-speed data connection will be needed.

Not sure if your device is compatible? Point your BlackBerry browser to and let Sling Media tell you if it is.

See also: SlingPlayer video player for BlackBerry Beta program

jhtapia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Great info cherri

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow, no love for Verizon - 8330 or 8130 anyone? Hopefully the Storm version will come out soon - can't get a better screen for watching mobile TV!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I just saw this and it's great news. It should be neat.

sauser676 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i've been "beta testing" (shhh its supposed to be a secret) for a little over two months now and they have made a LOT of progress from what i have seen, its a very cool app so far and i think it has been long overdue......
    Graham Sauser
    A-List DJs
    Blackberry 9000 (AT&T)