Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Slifter, a popular mobile shopping tool that uses LBS technology to search and share products ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Slifter Local Shopper Now Available to BlackBerry Users

Advertisement

Slifter, a popular mobile shopping tool that uses LBS technology to search and share products and promotions at local retailers, is now available for download on BlackBerry smartphones from Research In Motion.

BlackBerry smartphone users can now shop smart by searching more than 300 million products available at more than 150,000 retail stores across the U.S. Slifter for BlackBerry smartphones will allow users to: search local store inventory for products, Hot Deals, and promos (including 40 million circular offers); see product information, images and maps; save products and promotions into a mobile Shopping List; and share finds with friends.

"Slifter on BlackBerry smartphones serves as a way to enhance and illustrate the power of mobility in retail," said Alex Muller, CEO of Slifter. "With address book integration, rich product results, and GPS integration on available models -- Slifter's BlackBerry smartphone build was designed to truly personalize a consumer's shopping experience."

Get Slifter for your Blackberry Device

[read more]

jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Wow. That is amazing.

That makes shopping so much easier.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Interesting, I think this has great potential....but right now it's not working for me. I live approx 30 miles east of Phoenix and my area is not metro at all, but very close to a lot of shopping.

I tried looking up random drug store items since they(Slifter) had walgreens rolled gauze as a hot item. The first item I looked up it said was available at CVS, but gave the nearest location 20 miles away.....there's a CVS about 6 miles from my house....

Then I looked up tampax tampons and it came up with two items, a 500 count box for $80 (online) and a tampon vending machine $295(also online).....what about the large assortment of stores in my area that I can confirm do sell tampax tampons??

Even with GPS and my zip code, it said the nearest place to get a Conair folding handle hair dryer for $13.88 was 20.42 miles away.......yet when I view the map in the application, it shows the walmart that's just 5 miles from my house.....

So, yeah, great idea, and I can't wait to try it again in a few months and see how much the accuracy has improved......but I'll dump it for now

Maybe it works better in the really metro areas right now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    I'll be sure to put this on the gf's BB, maybe this way I can get some change back after I throw her a couple of hundred to go shopping =D
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

YaBoiD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Excellent app! Just installed & works perfectly!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    This is a great little prog! Used it a couple months till I had to delete it because my native memory was choked in spite of the fact that I had 1.8g still open on my memory card.
    Can't wait for the 9500

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had another program similar to this on either my 7105t or 8100 that did the same thing except it gave a list of things to choose from to build your shopping list. I don't remember the name of it though.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Interesting, I think this has great potential....but right now it's not working for me. I live approx 30 miles east of Phoenix and my area is not metro at all, but very close to a lot of shopping.

I tried looking up random drug store items since they(Slifter) had walgreens rolled gauze as a hot item. The first item I looked up it said was available at CVS, but gave the nearest location 20 miles away.....there's a CVS about 6 miles from my house....

Then I looked up tampax tampons and it came up with two items, a 500 count box for $80 (online) and a tampon vending machine $295(also online).....what about the large assortment of stores in my area that I can confirm do sell tampax tampons??

Even with GPS and my zip code, it said the nearest place to get a Conair folding handle hair dryer for $13.88 was 20.42 miles away.......yet when I view the map in the application, it shows the walmart that's just 5 miles from my house.....

So, yeah, great idea, and I can't wait to try it again in a few months and see how much the accuracy has improved......but I'll dump it for now

Love that post!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LMAO Oh my

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990
    i think this would be a cool app... imma try it....

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

I'm at 85296 and attempted searches and got close results. maybe try checking the zip code you have entered?I have an 8310 and as far as I know it wasn't using gps

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just tried it again, made sure my zip was correct, searched sandisk sd card.

It told me the nearest was 26 miles away, but there's a circuit city less than 10 miles from me......weird
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cocalyn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow!!Great app.work on my blackberry curve 8330.Shopping make it easier.=)

-Drifter- no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F9719
    Thanks!! Downloading now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast