Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Bingo! That was the issue. I didn't realize I needed to put an email in ... Smartphone News forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

Bingo! That was the issue. I didn't realize I needed to put an email in there. I just glancved right pass it. Maybe they need to put boxes in the areas that something needs to be entered. Thanks JB!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad you got it! You're not the first to be confused by an ap - they all confuse me at first!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    The IM push... that uses my email address right??? or does that use MMS???

IM push, as I understand it, notifies you by the email that you key in when you activate it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    No issues, other than those inherent to IM+ for BB (other OS versions are way better). So, IM+ beta, with skype (chat only) is, I think, as a long time user of these apps, is ok. Removing it from my device so that I can reinstall my licenced version (beta replaced my paid version)

I agree with Banglaberry. IM+ is working great as far as I can see.

The only small issue that I have is that I haven't gotten an alert for any of my Skype IM's - the other alerts seem to be coming fine. I'm doing another "controlled" test this am to make sure and working with Shape on the results.

Naturally, I'll report back with the results.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Thanks Bangla, I'd never used this one before and just wanted to be clear in what I was reporting. Seems to work fine for me. I just have the issue of battery usage and and I'm now using the IM push to see if that helps.

I wish I could leave IM+ and IM+ for Skype (and several other things) up all the time just for the convenience of it but we can't run everything all the time, can we? :d ...unless we stay plugged in all the time too.
    All services that you were using are kept online when your select Close and Activate IM Push. To be more clear: if you were using Yahoo!, MSN and Skype and then have selected Close and Activate IM Push you will get alerts about incoming messages for Yahoo!, MSN and Skype messengers.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    The IM push... that uses my email address right??? or does that use MMS???
    IM Push service forwards your incoming instant messages to the email address you have entered.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Is there anyway to make it so that when we choose a notification tone that we can hear it like it does in BB Profile?
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I was using the app today and had it set to IM push. I got the emails, logged back in to chat but the im push kept going. I thought that it was supposed to stop once I started using the app to chat.I got the message about stopping the im push too.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Two things
    First some of my chats go into shapeservices vm why?
    Second : its an improvments idea
    As notification let us use our ringtone that we design its would be nice if its would be more sufisticated that everyone of our mate would get a nother tone

To followup, all my alerts (with IM+ with push activated) seem to be working.

I AM having an occasional problem of the BB completely hanging up when starting the application back up. It's always when the msg box is open. Most recently while "connecting" and another with the msg "you have no contacts open of Facebook" or whatever that msg says. I have to reboot the BB to get out of it.

Anyone else hanging up occasionally?

I'm gonna send in a feedback report on the form.

For the 1st time since we started this test, I CANNOT connect to Skype on IM+ all day today. My 5 other accounts are fine. If I point at Skype it says "connecting" but nothing ever happens.

Anyone else having trouble with Skype connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Is there anyway to make it so that when we choose a notification tone that we can hear it like it does in BB Profile?
    This feature will be available in the next versions of the application.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    I was using the app today and had it set to IM push. I got the emails, logged back in to chat but the im push kept going. I thought that it was supposed to stop once I started using the app to chat.I got the message about stopping the im push too.
    When you log back into IM+ IM Push service is automatically stopped and you get the email, which says that IM Push service has been deactivated.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast