Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

I have IM push activated on my app already. So do I use Close and ... Smartphone News forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

I have IM push activated on my app already. So do I use Close and leave running in the background? I tried to use Close and stay connected but it gives me the Deactivating accounts popup. I sent the log already.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I have been using IM+ on winmo,and IM+ and IM+ for Skype on Nokia and BB since last 5 years or so. My first impression is this beta is meant to merge both IM+ and IM+ for Skype. This (I feel) has made IM+ a truly 'all in one' (including FB, already in). However, it seems to have become a battery guzzler and connecting/disconnecting has become simply difficult. IM+ and IM+ for Skype themselves are relatively slow in connecting/disconnecting. The two together seem to have simply doubled the problem, including slowing down device, when kept in background. Only way is to activate push and close the app. However, push not only burdens the email client but also pushes messages like "skype" or "yahoo" disconnected. Nimbuzz, a free all in one performs much better although the UI is not that good and does not work on Storm

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    I have IM push activated on my app already. So do I use Close and leave running in the background? I tried to use Close and stay connected but it gives me the Deactivating accounts popup. I sent the log already.
    I thought he meant close (not to BG) and set up the IM push. I had been running with the "close to background" all day long. That's what appeared to be slowing me down AND eating my battery.

Now I set the IM push up and simply closed. I may have misunderstood.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

FYI, I executed IM+ and got the msg: "You have started IM+ Your push session has stopped. Maybe I did it right.

There's an actual "close and activate IM push" - that's the one I chose (just to be clear.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    FYI, I executed IM+ and got the msg: "You have started IM+ Your push session has stopped. Maybe I did it right.

There's an actual "close and activate IM push" - that's the one I chose (just to be clear.)
    J, whenever you start or execute IM+, the push system is stopped auto. When you close IM+ you will again be able to activate push. This is how it has been since they introduced the push system.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    The idea basically of this beta test is to see what, if any, issues are there after integrating IM+ and IM+ Skype- this is my guess, and the finding is "the existing issues have doubled"

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    J, whenever you start or execute IM+, the push system is stopped auto. When you close IM+ you will again be able to activate push. This is how it has been since they introduced the push system.
    Thanks Bangla, I'd never used this one before and just wanted to be clear in what I was reporting. Seems to work fine for me. I just have the issue of battery usage and and I'm now using the IM push to see if that helps.

I wish I could leave IM+ and IM+ for Skype (and several other things) up all the time just for the convenience of it but we can't run everything all the time, can we? :d ...unless we stay plugged in all the time too.

The idea basically of this beta test is to see what, if any, issues are there after integrating IM+ and IM+ Skype- this is my guess, and the finding is "the existing issues have doubled"
    Yep. That's why they call it testing, huh? Hopefully it'll be productive for them.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Thanks Bangla, I'd never used this one before and just wanted to be clear in what I was reporting. Seems to work fine for me. I just have the issue of battery usage and and I'm now using the IM push to see if that helps.

I wish I could leave IM+ and IM+ for Skype (and several other things) up all the time just for the convenience of it but we can't run everything all the time, can we? :d ...unless we stay plugged in all the time too.
    Yes, J, I can feel what you mean.

Now that I'm closing with IM push, I'm getting Skype (IM) msgs and didn't get the email alerts for any of them. I know that I set up the email address that I intended and all the other stuff is still coming in and I know that I closed WITH IM push.

Any help with that.?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I don't have that "close and activate IM push" option. I went into settings and check all boxes for notifications and to push IM.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Now that I'm closing with IM push, I'm getting Skype (IM) msgs and didn't get the email alerts for any of them. I know that I set up the email address that I intended and all the other stuff is still coming in and I know that I closed WITH IM push.

Any help with that.?
    Are you sure your email address set for IM+ has also the alert settings in profiles? Nonetheless, as I have already mentioned the push puts extra burden on the email client, especially if you have many chat contacts who will see you as online once you close IM+ and activate push

Are you sure your email address set for IM+ has also the alert settings in profiles? Nonetheless, as I have already mentioned the push puts extra burden on the email client, especially if you have many chat contacts who will see you as online once you close IM+ and activate push
    Yes, because I'm getting the alerts for that email which I use fairly heavily.

Also, it shouldn't be much of a burden - I probably text less than anybody so we're not talking about many alerts for IM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    I don't have that "close and activate IM push" option. I went into settings and check all boxes for notifications and to push IM.
    I think I didn't have it at 1st. I think I got it once I went through the process the 1st time to close and set the email addr for the IM push. Have you done that?

Did you find the option, Morgase, or am I off-base? I think I described how I found/got it accurately - I don't think I had it the first time either.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast