Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

good lord...I have failed to do my homework re the minutes/data question....but I still find ... Smartphone News forum

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Advertisement

good lord...I have failed to do my homework re the minutes/data question....but I still find SHAPE's answer unclear at best with regards to the calls being made to and from.... I have free skype US and Canada calling, but by the sounds of it I would be using cell minutes to initiate and continue any communications using this app?
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    BlackBerry Bold 4.6.0.167

Getting the same issue again... it allows me to disconnect from everything (AIM, MySpace, Skype, Y!) but it keeps showing a "deactivating connection" load screen... not sure what's going on.. when I hit the end button on my BlackBerry and attempt to go back into the application it's still sitting on that "deactivating connection" load screen... for now I'm uninstalling... hopefully there's a fix for this... seems like an interesting app.

Please send us your IM+ log file from menu Support&About -> Send log file to Support

Thank you!
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    I've decided to try this again. I loaded it a few hours ago and got a message that I had a new email. It was from myspace and I actually had to go to the site to read it. That was a big mistake. Even without this app it takes a while to load. With it running I sat with an hourglass for a long time and eventually got to read my mail. One thing I'd like to suggest is a way to better distinguish which account is which. Maybe the myspace logo instead of what it is now. Or even a different color.

My phone being on 3g shouldn't be as slow as it is. I've disabled some of my IM's to see if it helps.

Is it possible to be able to retrieve that mail from Myspace or at least have a way to direct you to the site. Maybe its just me but it took me a minute to realize where the mail came from.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Currently you would need to check your email manually, the built-in feature will be available in the next versions of the application.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

I think the only advantage is using the chat from fb.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    That is correct, only Facebook chat is available.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by SGZrazberry View Post
    good lord...I have failed to do my homework re the minutes/data question....but I still find SHAPE's answer unclear at best with regards to the calls being made to and from.... I have free skype US and Canada calling, but by the sounds of it I would be using cell minutes to initiate and continue any communications using this app?
    Skype calls functionality is not included in this version of the application, only Skype chat.
    If you are referring to IM+ for Skype application, please see the detailed information at:
    http://shapeservices.com/en/faq/sect...platform=bb#07
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    SHAPE, can you verify whether or not this should work on OS 5.0?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've noticed two things while leaving this ap executing in background:

1) Is that my Blackberry is slower. That is, while doing other things I frequently see the hourglass/arrows with long pauses before the completion of my current activity. It's easiest to see playing a game on the BB. WITH IM+ running in BG, I get the pauses - WITHOUT it running I don't.

2) My battery goes down considerably faster over a 10-hour period than "normal." Example: by 8pm with IM+ running all day, my battery might be as low a 25%. Without it running all day, my battery is usually around 60%.

Has anyone else experienced this? What is it that IM+ is doing all the time when it should be idle. Is there that much "overhead" processing required to keep IM connected?

FYI, I have "When idle, keep IM services connected" set to 6 hours and "auto away" set to 5 minutes if that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I've noticed two things while leaving this ap executing in background:

1) Is that my Blackberry is slower. That is, while doing other things I frequently see the hourglass/arrows with long pauses before the completion of my current activity. It's easiest to see playing a game on the BB. WITH IM+ running in BG, I get the pauses - WITHOUT it running I don't.

2) My battery goes down considerably faster over a 10-hour period than "normal." Example: by 8pm with IM+ running all day, my battery might be as low a 25%. Without it running all day, my battery is usually around 60%.

Has anyone else experienced this? What is it that IM+ is doing all the time when it should be idle. Is there that much "overhead" processing required to keep IM connected?

FYI, I have "When idle, keep IM services connected" set to 6 hours and "auto away" set to 5 minutes if that helps.
    Thank you for your feedback!
    Please make sure that you have closed the application.
    When exiting, press menu button and select Close and Activate IM Push.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
    Last edited by SHAPE; 05-07-2009 at 09:51 AM.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    When exiting, press menu button and Select Close and Activate IM Push.

Thanks. I'll try the IM push today and report back if I still have the problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    SHAPE, can you verify whether or not this should work on OS 5.0?

Thank you for your interest.
    As BlackBerry OS 5.0 is not officially released we are not able to provide support and confirm anything on this matter. Version 7.0.2 is fully compatible with OS 4.2, 4.3-4.5, 4.6 and 4.7.

UPD: Our development team is working on a special build for OS 5.0 right now. It will be available in a couple of hours.
    Last edited by SHAPE; 05-07-2009 at 10:21 AM.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Please send us your IM+ log file from menu Support&About -> Send log file to Support

Thank you!

I tried to check this out this morning on mine and I am getting the same "deactivating connections" when I try to have it go to the background. I sent my log in as well.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    When exiting, press menu button and select Close and Activate IM Push.

Same issues here with me. I have posted them before. My internet on my Bold is considerable slower when running this application. Even when I am using BBM, I notice that I get an hourglass on sending a message sometimes.

My battery has been draining pretty fast as well. Without making any phone calls at all yesterday, my battery was at less than 25% by the time I went to bed. Granted it stays on constantly but it's on the charger from 11pm to 6 am.

At night I leave myself logged into Windows Live only. This morning just after I logged into IM+, I noticed that when it connected to Windows Live and AIM, it left my other apps open instead of kicking me out of the existing open session. I know that Aim does that in other mass IM apps but Windows Live always kicks me out.

I'm wondering if this might be part of the battery drain. We might have the individual apps open and IM+ at the same time. Can you confirm if this is acting properly? Should IM+ disconnect the already open app when it tries to log into them?

WOOO! Post 1000 for me!
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

I'm wondering if this might be part of the battery drain. We might have the individual apps open and IM+ at the same time. Can you confirm if this is acting properly? Should IM+ disconnect the already open app when it tries to log into them?
    We strongly recommend to disconnect from all other locations prior to connecting with IM+. You may close the application leaving Keep IM Services Connected option, thus the connection will be closed on your device but will be kept on our servers and you will receive Push notifications about incoming messages.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

The special build of IM+ for BlackBerry running on OS 5.0 has been released.
    It can be downloaded here.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

The special build of IM+ for BlackBerry running on OS 5.0 has been released.
    It can be downloaded here.
    Go get 'em 5.0 users!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast