Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ocanyc Hi Shape, how does this app work as far as being ... Smartphone News forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Hi Shape, how does this app work as far as being able to call another skype user on a blackberry using your data plan from your own blackberry? Is this possible?
    I was wondering the same thing!!! hhhmmmmmm...
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hi Shape, how does this app work as far as being able to call another skype user on a blackberry using your data plan from your own blackberry? Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing!!! hhhmmmmmm...
    I don't believe you can do this from IM+. Shape has an ap called IM+ for Skype that allows you to call other Skype users from your BB but you have to have "credits" to do it - it's a call-back system. It's not too expensive but it's a different application.

Beyond that info I'd have to let Shape reply.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Oh ok thanks, hopefully Shape can confirm that. If so, thats the deal breaker for me. I already have an all in one messenger I'm quite content with.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    This feature is not supported in the current version of IM+. Only Skype chat is available for the moment.
    For Skype calls functionality we have a separate application "IM+ for Skype".
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I have attached a screenshot from my BB of the "deactivating connection" screen that sometimes stays there in limbo for at least 5 minutes at a time... I've had success uninstalling and re-installing the beta... for now the issue has not come up again... so far so good. Before it would stay at that screen until I did a battery pull or soft reset.
    Thank you.
    Please let us know whether this issue persists, and if it does, please specify you BlackBerry OS.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    This feature is not supported in the current version of IM+. Only Skype chat is available for the moment.
    For Skype calls functionality we have a separate application "IM+ for Skype".
    Thanks for the confirmation. Last question, for IM+ for Skype, does it work off your data plan? Or you need to purchase credits to speak with another IM+ for skype user on a blackberry?

Thanks for the confirmation. Last question, for IM+ for Skype, does it work off your data plan? Or you need to purchase credits to speak with another IM+ for skype user on a blackberry?
    Please let me explain how IM+ for Skype deals with outgoing Skype calls.

When you make a call both the contact person and you will get the call.
    This is because when you use IM+ for Skype you are actually making two calls:
    one - to Skype contact or to phone number and another - to your callback number.
    Both calls are charged according to standard Skype rates, therefore Skype Credits are required for all incoming and outgoing calls in IM+ for Skype.
    Please note that additional charges might apply in case if your phone provider charges the incoming calls on the callback number specified.
    Skype credits or subscription are required for all incoming and outgoing calls in IM+ for Skype.
    Please note text chatting doesn't require active Skype Credits balance, you will only be charged for data transferred by your carrier.

Call process requires minimum of data transfer, each connection ~5 kB.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I've decided to try this again. I loaded it a few hours ago and got a message that I had a new email. It was from myspace and I actually had to go to the site to read it. That was a big mistake. Even without this app it takes a while to load. With it running I sat with an hourglass for a long time and eventually got to read my mail. One thing I'd like to suggest is a way to better distinguish which account is which. Maybe the myspace logo instead of what it is now. Or even a different color.

My phone being on 3g shouldn't be as slow as it is. I've disabled some of my IM's to see if it helps.

Is it possible to be able to retrieve that mail from Myspace or at least have a way to direct you to the site. Maybe its just me but it took me a minute to realize where the mail came from.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Thank you.
    Please let us know whether this issue persists, and if it does, please specify you BlackBerry OS.

BlackBerry Bold 4.6.0.167

Getting the same issue again... it allows me to disconnect from everything (AIM, MySpace, Skype, Y!) but it keeps showing a "deactivating connection" load screen... not sure what's going on.. when I hit the end button on my BlackBerry and attempt to go back into the application it's still sitting on that "deactivating connection" load screen... for now I'm uninstalling... hopefully there's a fix for this... seems like an interesting app.

I've pretty-well got my understanding of what this ap does and I'm not having any problems with it (knock on wood.)

Does the Facebook account setup simply allow another access to posting in Facebook - I haven't tried that yet. Does it pick up your FB friends automatically and show their posting too? Makes sense that that's the way it would work but I wanted to ask.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Another thing I've noticed is that when I get an alert, it saves that as a contact.

With facebook I have only been seeing people log on and off. No updates but that is for the I'm portion. When someone logs on it stores them in the contact list. Then later you will be able to see them online or not.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I've been able to message other Facebook users as if I were logged online using the messenger. Other than that I don't see any other options for Facebook.

I may just set up and play with my FB account. I really don't need any more access to FB on my BB. I already can do what I need but I'll see if it has any advantage for me.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I think the only advantage is using the chat from fb.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    good lord!!! count me in!!! Oh ya....does this use data or cell minutes...anyone know?
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast