Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021

Originally Posted by jblackfish Josh, I don't I had to key it in but I ... Smartphone News forum

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Josh, I don't I had to key it in but I set FB up so long ago I might have forgotten that I did it. I set the FB account up at the beginning of the 1st beta test of this thread.

I guess I could delete the account and set it up again but, if it's a new feature (see below,) that wouldn't prove anything anyway.

(According to Amy in post #294: "The fix is that in account setup, it now requests birthday along with user name and password." Her implication is that it NOW does it but it didn't used to do it.)
    I know Amy was referring to setting up the account, and that's why I referenced the account setup page. You also responded that you upgraded to the 8.0 version and weren't prompted for your birthdate. I took that to assume you were referring to setting up the account since that's where Amy's post said the birthdate requirement was. My apologies for assuming that. I thought we were talking about the account setup screen.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    I know Amy was referring to setting up the account, and that's why I referenced the account setup page. You also responded that you upgraded to the 8.0 version and weren't prompted for your birthdate. I took that to assume you were referring to setting up the account since that's where Amy's post said the birthdate requirement was. My apologies for assuming that. I thought we were talking about the account setup screen.
    I don't think so. When I upgraded I did it from my BB - I went to "help, support & about, news and updates" and did it from there. I didn't have to set up anything except Twitter since it was new to that release.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I'm updating my IM+ as I write this. Seems a bit fishy if you already have a FB account set up already that it would ask you to enter that info again. When I log onto my account on PC it doesn't ask me that so asking for it on an IM push service seems weird.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Morgase, I'm gonna assume that it won't ask you when you upgrade - it didn't ask me. Please post back the results.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    No... It didn't ask me for that information at all. I do like that I can use my profile settings for the tones. I was getting woken up by UH-OH too much. Much better now.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Thx Morg. I didn't think so. I'm still puzzled by that verification requirement.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Anyone noticing that the LED won't stop blinking? Its never done this until I upgraded. I can't get it to stop.

Mine stops. Did you reboot? Maybe that would help.

I've got the ap open and am still getting the IM push alerts. Remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Anyone noticing that the LED won't stop blinking? Its never done this until I upgraded. I can't get it to stop.
    Morg, Did you ever get your LED to stop blinking? Just following up.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021