Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 LastLast

I'm curious about why IM+ puts Twitter "@replies, Direct Messages, Favorites and Friends Timeline" in ... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I'm curious about why IM+ puts Twitter "@replies, Direct Messages, Favorites and Friends Timeline" in the Opened Conversations section, even though the messages in there are quite old in some cases? (This is in the "Tree" view of "settings, main screen view")

Then, when I close the dialogs to get them out of Opened Conversation, a few minutes later they're back in there whether there's been activity in any of the categories or not.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

amyshave no está en línea Stack level 1

NEW IM+ 7.2 Facebook Login Issue

I just dl'd IM+ - first the beta version with Twitter, but then decided to switch to v7.2 when I was unable to login to the Facebook chat function. Switching versions did not fix the problem. When I attempt to login, I am given an error message that states to me that Facebook now requires my birth date to authorize the account. Please update my application. ?!?!? Where am I supposed to enter my birth date, exactly?! I cannot find where anyone else has messaged on any site about this issue - is this unique to me? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by amyshave View Post
    I just dl'd IM+ - first the beta version with Twitter, but then decided to switch to v7.2 when I was unable to login to the Facebook chat function. Switching versions did not fix the problem. When I attempt to login, I am given an error message that states to me that Facebook now requires my birth date to authorize the account. Please update my application. ?!?!? Where am I supposed to enter my birth date, exactly?! I cannot find where anyone else has messaged on any site about this issue - is this unique to me? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?
    Amy,
    I'd be very suspicious of that one. I use FB, IM+ all in one (I have 7.0.5 beta on one phone and 7.2 on the other phone) AND IM+ for Skype. I've never been asked for my b-date to verify the account on FB or any of the above. I wouldn't key it in if you DO find a place to do it. Items like ssn, b-day and mother's maiden name are all keys to ID theft situations.

I don't know what's going on but it sounds like some type of spam to me. I hope that helps - good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Amy,
    I'd be very suspicious of that one. I use FB, IM+ all in one (I have 7.0.5 beta on one phone and 7.2 on the other phone) AND IM+ for Skype. I've never been asked for my b-date to verify the account on FB or any of the above. I wouldn't key it in if you DO find a place to do it. Items like ssn, b-day and mother's maiden name are all keys to ID theft situations.

I don't know what's going on but it sounds like some type of spam to me. I hope that helps - good luck.
    I agree! However, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, both through Shape's wap site as well as through their website via my Desktop Manager, so can't imagine the IM+ being anything less than a valid trusted version - so where could the attempt at identity theft be coming into play, and how can I get around it/back to a functioning copy? My AIM and Google Talk are without issue.

Whatever the attempt, it isn't Shape Services trying it. They're a responsible company. Did you get the "Facebook birth date request" for either IM+ version?

I have to log in to Facebook just about every day - they've not asked me for a birth date. I'm not saying it's not possible but I don't think FB cares about any of it's user's birth date. Strange!

On the beta/Twitter testing side of this thread I'm still testing that on both my 8330 and my 8900 (wi-fi only) and both seem to work fine.

I've finally gotten used to the way it works and the difference in it and the other aps in that Twitter doesn't have "online" of off statuses. I'm comparing it to uberTwitter on my 8330 and it is a workable part of the IM+ application.

Anyone else testing Twitter in the 7.0.5 beta version and have comments?

Amyshave and I are not able to figure this out? Her main problem is that Facebook seems to be asking for a birthdate to verify the account BEFORE it will even set it up.

Have any of you who have tested this ap experienced anything like this? If so please offer some help to Amy if you can.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I tried the FB chat, I never had it ask for anything other than my email and the FB password. Is there anything in your Facebook settings (on the web) that might require some sort of additional verification when using an external app or anything? I don't recall seeing anything like in setting up my facebook, but that doesn't mean I simply looked over it.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

I heard back from Shape support on this issue and they have released version 8.0 as of today, which fixes the Facebook authentication issue I was experiencing. The fix is that in account setup, it now requests birthday along with user name and password.

This fixed the problem for me - seems that Facebook really does now require birth date for authentication... the upgrade to v8.0, which allows for this, resolved the issue, though.

Thanks for your help everyone!

I heard back from Shape support on this issue and they have released version 8.0 as of today, which fixes the Facebook authentication issue I was experiencing. The fix is that in account setup, it now requests birthday along with user name and password.

This fixed the problem for me - seems that Facebook really does now require birth date for authentication... the upgrade to v8.0, which allows for this, resolved the issue, though.

Wow! That helps a lot, Amy. Thanks for posting!

I'm surprised that SHAPE is asking for "personal" information! Of course, I'm still surprised that some banks, etc., still ask for mother's maiden name! (That combined with ss#, if it gets out and you're a dead duck! I know - I'm a dead duck for the 3d time!)Haven't these guys ever heard of identity theft?

I also see that 8.0 is the production version of the beta (7.0.5) version with Twitter support added - interesting that they didn't announce it in here...did they?

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Wow! That helps a lot, Amy. Thanks for posting!

I'm surprised that SHAPE is asking for "personal" information! Of course, I'm still surprised that some banks, etc., still ask for mother's maiden name! (That combined with ss#, if it gets out and you're a dead duck! I know - I'm a dead duck for the 3d time!)Haven't these guys ever heard of identity theft?
    I think it may be Facebook requesting that (at least that's what that post suggested to me). I haven't seen anything about added authentication type things, but maybe they had some sort of security breach via their API's and wanted to add another layer of protection or something. *shrugs*

Would be nice to hear some official word from Shape, though, on this.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Amy, FYI, I upgraded to the 8.0 today on my 8330 and I didn't get asked for any additional information or verification including birthdate. I'm still puzzled by that. I have 9 accounts, including FB, on this version.

jblackfish, on the account setup screen for FB, you didn't have to set a birthdate?
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    jblackfish, on the account setup screen for FB, you didn't have to set a birthdate?
    Josh, I don't I had to key it in but I set FB up so long ago I might have forgotten that I did it. I set the FB account up at the beginning of the 1st beta test of this thread.

I guess I could delete the account and set it up again but, if it's a new feature (see below,) that wouldn't prove anything anyway.

(According to Amy in post #294: "The fix is that in account setup, it now requests birthday along with user name and password." Her implication is that it NOW does it but it didn't used to do it.)