Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021 LastLast

I found the twitter support somewhat awkward, just because Twitter isn't quite an IM network, ... Smartphone News forum

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC

Advertisement

I found the twitter support somewhat awkward, just because Twitter isn't quite an IM network, and it's a little counterintuitive when treated that way. It seemed to work reliably enough when I tried it though.

I've since installed 7.2.0 and Ubertwitter.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, wouldn't you know that as soon as I "crowed" about not being able to keep the accounts down they all went down. They tried to come back but got stuck in "connecting" for quite a while. Then Twitter and FB came up and Skype's on the skids again - Skype is the biggest problem in this ap in my opinion.

The Twitter and FB accounts come and go - they're both on more than off but it's annoying, to say the least, to be keying in an IM and have the thing just STOP because the connection was lost (again.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    *points and laughs at jblackfish*

You were smote by the gods of Software Development for your hubris. Never talk about how stable a beta is!

Quote Originally Posted by Khalnath View Post
    *points and laughs at jblackfish*

You were smote by the gods of Software Development for your hubris. Never talk about how stable a beta is!
    But it was so odd in that it wouldn't stay "down"....at first! I guess I never learn. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I'm still having major issues with Facebook. I'm losing messages in the chat. JB was talking to me earlier and when I came home to log into FB, I saw the posts that I missed. It always seems to be the last 2-3 posts before someone logs out. Not sure if that is pertinent but the last few conversations I have tried to have with people seem to happen like that. Sometimes I post a message and wait a few minutes then the other person disconnects. This only happens on my phone not on the pc.

I got an email yesterday that they were looking into the issue but I haven't heard anything today.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I just talked with JBlackfish this morning through FB and he is now seeing my issue with his BB app. He sees the my posts on the PC but only his on his BB.

So it seems that we can send but not receive messages on FB chat. Any ETA on a fix SHAPE?

~Morgase~

Verifying what Morgase said, I was posting on BB and my posts showed up on p-c as did her replies (on pic) - I never showed any of her replies on my IM chat although, on the p-c, all post came up instantly inclding the ones from my BB.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Thank you for your comments.

As for Facebook issue, age { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } A:link { so-language: zxx } -->please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

This is a known issue. Our developers are working on it and it will be resolved soon. Meanwhile please check whether your password does not contain any national
    or special symbols and then please try to login with your Facebook account on the desktop and after that from IM+ application on your BlackBerry.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Thank you for your comments.

As for Facebook issue, age { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } A:link { so-language: zxx } -->please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

This is a known issue. Our developers are working on it and it will be resolved soon. Meanwhile please check whether your password does not contain any national
    or special symbols and then please try to login with your Facebook account on the desktop and after that from IM+ application on your BlackBerry.
    I don't wish to be rude here but do you actually read our posts? Because if you had you would have seen that we are checking the Facebook issues on our phones and the PC. That's how we know we are missing posts from people. They don't show up on our phones but they show up on the pc. We've even been on the phones and the pc's at the same time to test if the issue was being logged into them at the same time.

I was logged into FB on my phone and my friends said they didn't see me until I logged onto the pc. JB and I have tested this and he says he doesn't see me on his pc until I actually respond to a message that he's sent. I see him on my phone the whole time.

Give us a little bit of credit to know what our passwords are and how to troubleshoot a problem. You asked for our help to test this application now we're asking for a fix to a problem.

Don't get me wrong. I like this application but it has some flaws.

The notifications don't follow the profile settings on the BB itself. How embarrassed was I when I was in a meeting and my phone was on vibrate but all of a sudden I hear "uh-oh". If the individual IM applications can incorporate this into their programs then I feel SHAPE should be able to as well.

You fixed the connection issues with Skype but I had never had a problem with it from the start until I started using 7.2 version.

I have never seen any of my contacts logged into MySpace. I know that they have pulled it temporarily but even before that I know it wasn't seeing people on IM+ when I knew they were logged onto MySpace.

Facebook chat was a major reason for me testing this app so it's disappointing to see it not working. When I had the initial beta there was no problem at all with it. As soon as I dl'd the 7.2 version it went downhill. I even went back to the beta and the problems remained. I thought it was just an issue for me until JB started to see it as well.

I know the focus is on twitter right now but don't you think you should fix what you already have out there before branching into something else? I was testing twitter for a bit but I deleted that account from the application. My phone was going off constantly and it was too much of a distraction for me. Maybe of we could actually select which tweets we allowed from the phone would be helpful. Im sure that's a twitter function and probably not within your realm.

Most of us are willing to work through this but a bit of feedback more often would be nice. An explanation as to what the problem might possibly be would be helpful. You're just giving us a standard "we are working on it" answer. You've got a high price on this application and if I had not gotten this app for the time I spent testing it, I would not be pleased with it's performance and making a bigger fuss than I am.

~Morgase~

I'm curious as to why the two IM+ sounds "sndGLobal.mp3" and "sndMsg.mp3" will not make a sound on my 8330 (CDMA) but do work on my 8320 (GSM)? I have the same sound and status modules loaded on both phones. I even re-downloaded the complete 7.0.5 IM+ again on my 8330 and rebooted to make sure it wasn't a defective load.

This is a very small issue but it's odd and I thought I'd post it.

I've postedb this before but I'm getting REAL TIRED of seeing this:

When I'm running IM+ I VERY OFTEN get the "hour glass" and it locks up my BB for 15-20 seconds - sometimes longer! IT'S VERY ANNOYING!

I think it's related to the "connecting/reconnecting that goes on a lot. It keeps me from doing or key ANYTHING! WHY is this application doing that so often?

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am getting this a lot today. I post something and then it goes to reconnecting. Next time I post it does the same. Very annoying. But as you can see we aren't getting responses about the things we post.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Well, they DID say that they wanted to start focusing this thread on the Twitter vers. 7.0.5 beta, but we still seem to have some issues in the production 7.2 version that need attention IMO. I'm still sending reports via "Help, Support & About" re: Skype connection failures.

Considering that IM+ consumes battery fairly fast and fails to stay connected to the most important ap to me (Skype) this ap is not very appealing for long term use.

I don't see many posts here with Twitter questions/problems either. I wish we could get a little more feedback in the thread re: all the problems. I think the lack of that has caused the testing to "dwindle."

Chronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21314C1D
    Uggh excuse me? It never did this until I upgraded the IM+ that would indicate to me it is an IM+ issue
    PIN: 21314C1D
    ampptt@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
    Uggh excuse me? It never did this until I upgraded the IM+ that would indicate to me it is an IM+ issue
    Chronic, which "this" are you referring to? I just didn't get your post and wanted to clarify. Thanks.