Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

I edited this post - I found "Friends Timeline" in the contacts list of Twitter ... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I edited this post - I found "Friends Timeline" in the contacts list of Twitter and that answered a lot of my questions re: what to do with Twitter on IM+. Before that user's tweets (that I was following) popped up and disappeared before I could figure out where they were going or how to reply to them.

I was also confused because there were no active Twitter users in the user list like the others - I realized that Twitter doesn't HAVE active users, only "tweeters" so there you go. A little "how to" for IM+ would be welcome IMO - people like me need one of those sometimes just to get going with a new ap. I've used FB, Twitter, etc. but I don't IM much and it was hard for me to relate how these worked in the context of an IM application.

Anyway, I think I've got everything except Skype going now.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-16-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Lestes no está en línea Developer
    Hi there,
    Twitter chat is available in IM+ (also in beta). Try it, visit
    http://shapeservices.com/
    or
    http://wap.shapeservices.com/

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestes View Post
    Hi there,
    Twitter chat is available in IM+ (also in beta). Try it, visit
    http://shapeservices.com/
    or
    http://wap.shapeservices.com/
    Wasn't that what jblackfish was discussing in the post right above this?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Lestes no está en línea Developer
    True. I just want everyone to download version with Twitter and leave the comments here. Thanks, jblackfis, for a quick post

Ok. I thought you were just telling us the that this version had twitter. I didn't put two and two together that you wanted people to download and test the new beta. Sorry.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    So I just dl'd the updated version with twitter and I can't get Skype to stay connected. It shows connecting and then makes my icon green for less than a minute. I get a connection failed message right after that. I didn't have any problems with Skype at all before this download and i did not change anything before trying to connect to skype.

Jblackfish says he sees me connected to skype but I know that the PC I have that on is currently not on.

I sent a form through online help.

One other comment... under Notifications it shows you can customize the alerts for chosen contacts. I have a few ringtones that I want to use but for some reason I can't find them. For aim and Live messenger I use a particular ringtone for someone and they work fine. In IM+ I can't even get to the ringtone. I've looked in every folder.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Welcome to the "we can't get Skype either" club, Morgase. It seems to be growing, little by little.

I haven't tried the individual ringtones yet - I found where you can set it for a contact under >user settings - I set it on for you - but it goes nowhere so that you can select one from there. That's what you're talking about, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

IM+ seems to run a lot and "reconnecting" all the accounts seems to be a big part of what's going on with it. I notice this running-on whether I'm in another application or this one. I get a severe "slow down" in processing every time it happens. (I think Morgase has already posted the issue of disconnecting/reconnect quite often, right?) Why does this thing disconnect/reconnect all the applications so often? Frankly, all I can compare it to is Jivetalk and I never had the problem of staying connected in that ap.

Anyone else notice IM+ disconnecting/reconnecting often?

The only way I've been able to eliminate it is when I switch to IM push - that's probably because maintaing the connection itself isn't required in "push" mode, right?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Welcome to the "we can't get Skype either" club, Morgase. It seems to be growing, little by little.

I haven't tried the individual ringtones yet - I found where you can set it for a contact under >user settings - I set it on for you - but it goes nowhere so that you can select one from there. That's what you're talking about, right?
    It's under notifications. All the way at the bottom.

I really would like for this app to work. I would use it if the connecting issues and skype and the battery drain was fixed. I'm sure the battery usage is being caused by the connecting issue and the number of IM's you are following. Personally I don't use skype that much. I'm more interested in having my AIM, Windows Live and Facebook working.

I just rebooted my phone and 4 of my 7 accounts are still trying to connect..yellow circle with arrows. Reconnecting and all accounts show Green...even skype! (thanks to another app for doing an update.)
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Shazaam! My SKype came up this morning! Anyone else?

I'm sure you're right about the connecting problems draining the battery excessively - it's like your phone constantly looking for a signal when you're out of range of one.

I'll play with the individual notifications/rigntones this week and see if I can make it work. Any luck with it yet Morgase?

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    yesssssssssssssss
    its back
    eli barash

I've been noticing for a long time and never mentioned but:

when scrolling in "Opened conversations" several entries in there will high-light and stay that way, like a multiple selection. It goes away if I keep scrolling up and down but it happend quite often. Anyone else have that issue? (Sometimes I have 6 or more entries in "Opened conversations" - not a huge problem but wanted to see if it's just me or not.)

UPDATE: Also I'm gonna leave IM+ open more today (rather than use "IM push") and see how the battery behaves better. If I see a lot of reconnecting I'll just go back to push.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-18-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Yep, Skype is connecting for me again. Good times.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

FYI, I got a reply from SHAPE this am to one of my reports confirming the fix.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.
    Skype connection issues were fixed and the latest IM+ version is about to be released.

Five winners of beta testing campaign will be rewarded tomorrow. Please keep an eye on your email inbox

However, we are still interested in beta testers for Twitter functionality. This campaign will last till May 25th. Please let us know if you have any problems with the 7.0.5 beta version or any comments and suggestions about application's features and functionality.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services