Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by applejosh I'm interested to see if it works for you. I'm not ... Smartphone News forum

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    I'm interested to see if it works for you. I'm not overly hopeful, though. If it does work for you, then I'm thinking there's a shapeservices conspiracy against jblackfish and me.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Good news! There's no conspiracy!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalnath View Post
    Skype used to work for me, but it just sorta stopped. It worked fine after I upgraded to 5.0 and stopped like a day after.

I'm downloading the new version now.
    Based on my experience, I don't think the new version is going to help.
    I'm interested to see if it works for you. I'm not overly hopeful, though. If it does work for you, then I'm thinking there's a shapeservices conspiracy against jblackfish and me.
    Since I've been testing, I've been through Skype working - Skype not working - Skype working again - currently not working. These were extended periods, like a day ro several days, not just hours of "ons" and "offs" - does that make sense?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Since I've been testing, I've been through Skype working - Skype not working - Skype working again - currently not working. These were extended periods, like a day ro several days, not just hours of "ons" and "offs" - does that make sense?
    Yup. Before, Skype would drop overnight while the other services stayed connected, and that was it. Now, nothing.

And yeah, the new version didn't help.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had issues with the IM+ Skype app connecting as well. (That was one of the support emails that never got answered.) So I guess it's a waiting game at this point.

Edit: I should clarify and say this was at points in the past. Last night I could connect using the IM+ for Skype (the separate skype app), but the IM+ All in one messenger beta still could not connect to skype chat.

Last edited by applejosh; 05-16-2009 at 08:53 AM.

PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    Looks like it has little or nothing to do with device or OS version also, since there seems to be no common ground on that point.

Just because I didn't have anything else to try I deleted my Facebook, My Space and Twitter accounts, all of which connected (including My Space finally) to see if that would make a difference- it didn't. My AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo accounts continue to connect and Skype does not.

Funny SHAPE never did post a notice in here of the upgrade, did they?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response.

We are currently experiencing some issues with our gate servers, which are being updated, that is why for some on you Skype might not be working well. Our development team is working on it now and it will be resolved soon.

As many of you have noticed, we have launched another beta-testing campaign for the Twitter functionality, you feedback on this matter will be highly appreciated. As usual, if you have any connection problems, please send us your IM+ log files from menu Support&About - Send log file to Support and our developers will look into it.

The most efficient and active beta-testers of Skype functionality will be rewarded on Monday, May 18th and those who are focusing on Twitter - on Monday, May 25th.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Thanks for the update. I look forward to testing further.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I downloaded the update yesterday with the Twitter support... still no Skype... but the Twitter function is pretty cool. I still think you should be able to somehow seperate the contacts into groups and have an option to view the thumbnail pics or not. This would make navigation to select a contact much easier. The Twitter seems a bit awkward, being that your latest Tweet is at the bottom and not at the top like some apps... but I can get used to it.

How did you want the contacts grouped? There's an option to group by service (Settings, Main View) along with placing active contacts (ones with active conversations) at the top. I use the tree view along with grouping by contacts.

How did you want the contacts grouped? There's an option to group by service (Settings, Main View) along with placing active contacts (ones with active conversations) at the top. I use the tree view along with grouping by contacts.
    I see "tree, list or grid" - list seems to list by service. Is that what you mean josh?

Thanks for the update, SHAPE. Good to hear that the gate server problem is our Skype problem - hope you get it fixed soon.

Got the new version and Twitter came up without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I see "tree, list or grid" - list seems to list by service. Is that what you mean josh?
    That was the setting I was thinking of. Playing with the settings there might provide the desired effect. I just personally use the tree view (so I can collapse services I am not actively concerned with). Don't know what kind of sorting the poster wanted, but that should get him/her started. I really don't like the default view (icon?), so that's usually the first thing I change when installing.

Edit: also, I think there's a check box that asks if you want to sort by service. Further down.

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Waitting for skype comeback
    Thx shape

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

Dude thanks a ton... I've been looking for that... using the tree view as well!!!