Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

I didn't realize it at 1st either. Better late than never I guess. Originally Posted ... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I didn't realize it at 1st either. Better late than never I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalnath View Post
    Man, I wish I knew about this last week. The web form really sucks nuts on my BB Browser.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I didn't realize it at 1st either. Better late than never I guess.
    Lol, and you'd figure they would have mentioned it in their reply to my "This form really sucks on my BB" bug report.

I just executed IM+ this morning giving it all time to complete. Everything connected except for Skype. Here's the msg I get when it's finished trying:

IM+
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Error
    Connection to SKype (jblackfish-Skype) failed
    Reason: Connection failed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Online Help / Cancel <-- (2 buttons)
    Selected "Online Help" and filled out and sent report.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I just executed IM+ this morning giving it all time to complete. Everything connected except for Skype. Here's the msg I get when it's finished trying:

Selected "Online Help" and filled out and sent report.

That's the exact message I see everytime I try to connect to Skype.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Started having the skype connection issue yesterday. I don't even get a timeout error. It just sits there (granted, I did give up after about 5-10 minutes). Also, on the main IM+ page, the link to the beta just takes you to the normal download page (i.e. no beta download there). On the wap.shapeservics.com site, the beta link seems to be malformed or something as clicking on it brings up the text contents of a jad file, and it does not download. (Yesterday, the wap site beta link was just dead.)

I reported this issue yesterday using the form, but I have yet to hear back from them. I'm not liking the turnaround time for their support email (having used their email support system before for other issues - Edit: past support request was for non-beta edition even). Sometimes I get a response; sometimes I don't.
    Last edited by applejosh; 05-15-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    Started having the skype connection issue yesterday. I don't even get a timeout error. It just sits there (granted, I did give up after about 5-10 minutes). Also, on the main IM+ page, the link to the beta just takes you to the normal download page (i.e. no beta download there). On the wap.shapeservics.com site, the beta link seems to be malformed or something as clicking on it brings up the text contents of a jad file, and it does not download. (Yesterday, the wap site beta link was just dead.)

I reported this issue yesterday using the form, but I have yet to hear back from them. I'm not liking the turnaround time for their support email (having used their email support system before for other issues - Edit: past support request was for non-beta edition even). Sometimes I get a response; sometimes I don't.
    Well, it's good to know more users are having the Skype connection problem - at 1st, I thought it was only me. Now it seems to be more common.

On the response, FYI, I usually get a reply to my reports in two days. I think that's just what their turnaround time is and I think we should accept it. No reply, of course, is a little different IMO, especially for a test situation. They also reply in this thread so look for that too.

I really like this ap and I want it to work - it's the Skype issue that's my only significant problem. I need Skype to make this worthwhile to me.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    That's the exact message I see everytime I try to connect to Skype.
    As I've said, funny thing is that I have IM+ for Skype and never have a problem connecting there. I'm wondering if there's a conflict between Skype and one or more of the other IM+ accounts.

How about those of you who DO have the Skype connection problem list the current active accounts that you have on IM+ OTHER THAN Skype?

Mine are: AIM, Facebook, ICQ, MSN, My Space and Yahoo.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I currently have Gtalk and AIM configured.

PIN/ID
    DROID
    I have... AIM, Facebook, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo configured... Skype's still failing when trying to connect. UGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I have... AIM, Facebook, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo configured... Skype's still failing when trying to connect. UGH!!!
    Keep the faith, impak. Mine is still failing too. Thanks for posting your aps.

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Its also for me dosnt work
    I get my facebook but skype nooooo!
    Isn't that app call I'm +skype?

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by ohad_129 View Post

Yeah that's the app name... right now it should be IM (maybe Skype)... LOL no offense to SHAPE but I have yet to get Skype to work on this app... Skype works just fine on my PC though...

Quote Originally Posted by ohad_129 View Post
    ohad, Just to be clear on the names, Shape has 2 "IM+"aps - one is IM+ for Skype and this one that we're testing is IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger. Hope that helps.

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    I know that I also have im+skype for life and its rock as well
    I didn't want to offend anyone just to smile people its good for the healh