Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by SHAPE Please note, that we strongly recommend to disconnect from all other ... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Please note, that we strongly recommend to disconnect from all other locations before connecting with IM+, as it can affect both Skype desktop and IM+ functionality.
    I can see where that would be the case, SHAPE, but it's often inconvenient to log off of the P-C for me. I frequently use one or two msg services on the P-C at the same time I use one or two others from the Blackberry.

I'll give this a try though, while testing IM+, in order to make the test info more accurate.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I can see where that would be the case, SHAPE, but it's often inconvenient to log off of the P-C for me. I frequently use one or two msg services on the P-C at the same time I use one or two others from the Blackberry.

I'll give this a try though, while testing IM+, in order to make the test info more accurate.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

As desktop applications have advanced functionality comparing to IM+, such as calls (especially Skype), customized statuses, customized emoticons, animated user pictures, the service servers cannot process some commands and so do our IM+ servers. That is why we strongly recommend to disconnect from everywhere prior to connecting with IM+.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

To SHAPE:

I've noticed that my "IM Push" service does not resume each morning when my Blackberry turns on at 7am. I leave it on all the time including overnight. My BB "auto-offs" at 11 - sometimes I turn it off manually before that, sometimes not. It "auto-ons" at 7am each morning.

If I re-execute IM+ and then exit with "push" it pick the push service back up. I thought you told me in an earlier post that it should stay active all the time whether the phone is on of off. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

FYI, I'm also failing to connect to Skype again - sent report via BB with log file.

No connections open on P-C. JClosed and re-started the IM+ ap on BB - no help.

(FYI, Last time I had to uninstall/reinstall the application on my BB to get the connection with Skype to resume.)

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I'm noticing that when my screen dims, my friends think that I am offline. I was logged in chatting with a friend today and stepped away from it for a second. He told me that he wondered what happened because I went offline. I've been connected and when I hit the space bar after my screen dims it shows reconnecting. This was happening alot yesterday when jblackfish and I were testing/chatting.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Re-installing this app again... going to give it another go... hopefully I don't have the same issues as before... jblackfish & Morgase... lookout for a friend invite or something from me on Skype.

O.K. Installed and running... everything working with the exception of Skype... it shows a continuous "connecting" load bar. Everything else seems to be running O.K.
    Last edited by impak875; 05-14-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: adding to post... connection issues with Skype

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Re-installing this app again... going to give it another go... hopefully I don't have the same issues as before... jblackfish & Morgase... lookout for a friend invite or something from me on Skype.
    I'll be looking if I ever get connected to Skype again. This is SO frustrating to NOT be able to connect to Skype. It's the most important of all the IM aps to me! I even uninstalled/reinstalled the ap and that didn't help either this time.

PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm going to try a battery pull to see if that helps with Skype at all... I'm very interested in using Skype... hopefully I can get this thing running on my Bold... got it to run perfectly on my PC... just not on my BB.

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    ...........O.K. Installed and running... everything working with the exception of Skype... it shows a continuous "connecting" load bar. Everything else seems to be running O.K.
    That's EXACTLY the problem I'm having with Skype - if I try to connect it I get a constant "connect" load bar. I guess it'll stay there forever. My current one has been running for about 45 minutes - THAT's not right somehow.

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Mine is still running also... I've sent a email to support... waiting to see what the outcome will be... All of my other services work just fine... Just not Skype

Impak, FYI you can send a problem report from your BB. Use "help>support-about" and just fill out the form. Be sure "send log file to support" is checked at the bottom fo the form. I've sent one on this problem too.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    mine was doing that alot today.. I get connected and then 5 minutes later it's reconnecting.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Morgase, the difference in what you described and my Skype problem is that mine never connects at all. My skype hasn't been connected in two days. It connects fine on my IM+ for Skype application tho.

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Thank you for your cooperation.

As desktop applications have advanced functionality comparing to IM+, such as calls (especially Skype), customized statuses, customized emoticons, animated user pictures, the service servers cannot process some commands and so do our IM+ servers. That is why we strongly recommend to disconnect from everywhere prior to connecting with IM+.
    I love the program, and I'm testing the hell out of it, but this is just not a reasonable expectation on your part, IMO. Skype supports users being connected from more than one location, so you're pretty much stuck supporting it too.

That said, the only problem I encountered in this manner was the stupid message that gets sent to contacts when it goes into IM Push mode. I'd *REALLY* like to be able to disable it and still have IM Push mode enabled. Even if I'm not logged in on my desktop too, I don't want confusing technical explanations sent out to my mostly nontechnical friends. I disabled IM Push mode purely for this reason, even though it seems really useful.

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Impak, FYI you can send a problem report from your BB. Use "help>support-about" and just fill out the form. Be sure "send log file to support" is checked at the bottom fo the form. I've sent one on this problem too.
    Man, I wish I knew about this last week. The web form really sucks nuts on my BB Browser.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast