Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Currently, Skyfire only runs on Windows Mobile (smartphones and PPC) and Nokia N and E ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Skyfire 1.0 is here! Web Browser for smartphones - free download

Advertisement

Currently, Skyfire only runs on Windows Mobile (smartphones and PPC) and Nokia N and E Series (Symbian S60, 3rd Edition) phones. Officially launched in the US, Canada and UK.

Skyfire 1.0 is here! You’ll want to upgrade today – either launch Skyfire and follow the upgrade link, or go to get.skyfire.com to get 1.0. In the past few months, over one million people have downloaded and used Skyfire.

Skyfire 1.0 improves navigation, speed and predictability. Here’s a snapshot of some of the highlights:

• Thumbnail interaction. Click on links immediately after the page loads without having to zoom in. This is especially helpful for high resolution phones, and for familiar sites where you know right away where you want to click. It makes getting to the content you want on the page simpler, quicker and more efficient.
    • Improved zoom. Double-tap or double-click to zoom over any element, including links, images or videos. The zoom interaction is smoother and more responsive as well. Best of all: when you zoom in you will get readable text instantly.
    • Enhanced navigation. When you navigate back or forward, you return to the last viewport (e.g. zoom level and portion of the page). Thus eliminating the need to pan and zoom into the section you were viewing on the previous page. The app remembers even the viewport when you select a page from your history. They also added shortcut keys, (9) for forward and (7) for backward navigation.
    • Improved page handling. AJAX-intensive sites such as Facebook and Gmail work smoothly. If larger parts of the page get updated then the client will more quickly and accurately reflect this.
    • iFrame handling. There's a solution for full-width iFrames in Skyfire
    • Fast start. Put Skyfire to work before the start page is even loaded . Now, you can type a search or URL in the Superbar while Skyfire is connecting in the background.. Plus, we’ve improved connection performance.
    • Reconnect to last state. Leave Skyfire in the background Skyfire will disconnect to preserve battery life. Once you come back to it (after minutes, hours, days) it will reload the same page to the same zoom level and focus. Thus you can continue right where you left off. When you exit and start again, Skyfire you will always land on the start page.
    • Connection helper. Skyfire provides suggestions when a network connection cannot be established. If it’s due to a network configuration (common in GSM land), then Skyfire provides suggestions to help out. This is especially useful if you are with a carrier/data plan that places restrictions on certain APN configurations, which interferes with Skyfire.
    • Enhanced search results. Google results now include video, news articles, local results all blended on a single results page and ordered by relevance. Vertical search categories are still available.
    • Improved RSS feed search. Find your favorite custom RSS feeds through the improved Add-Feed feature, found under the Customize menu on the start page. Search by site domain, feed URL, or even topical keywords.
    • Easier sharing of RSS items from start page. We’ve exposed a simple “Share this article” link below each RSS story displayed on your start page to make it easier to share interesting items to Twitter and Facebook
    • Remember last connection (Symbian only). Skyfire can now remember the last connection for you, so you will not have to choose a connection every single time. In addition if you want to change the connection type while you are in Skyfire you can do so.

Note: If you have a Symbian phone with Skyfire 0.8.5 already installed, the upgrade may give a error message of “unable to install”. In this case please uninstall Skyfire and then start fresh by fetching Skyfire from http://get.skyfire.com . If you registered you will not lose your bookmarks, history or cookies as you can log back in to your account.

Read More

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Aww man! I just knew I was gonna download this for my berry... Oh well, its still good news
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Damn, not out for the BlackBerry... hopefully a version for us BB users will follow soon!!!

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Lol Good one there hayden, you got my heart racing when you said smartphone. I wish this was out for blackberry "smartphone".

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Soon, I'm sure Skyfire will support more of the smartphone platforms out their.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    NO Storm support for this browser......
    They need to get the lead out for beta testing....

Great Catch Hayden
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Skyfire is in (at least) alpha testing for Blackberry, no worries ppl.

~via Blackberry Bold running 4.6.0.266~

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    iPhone users can't get it neither. That sucks!!!

I guess iPhones and blackberrys are way more smarth than the regular smarthfones that's why still not out for our devices!!! Lol way to go skyfire!!! YOU SUCK!!!!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    I guess iPhones and blackberrys are way more smarth than the regular smarthfones that's why still not out for our devices!!! Lol way to go skyfire!!! YOU SUCK!!!!
    LMAO!!!

GOOD ONE!
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    okay, I've been waiting on this to hit for a while. I just knew I was gonna have it for me 8900. So when is this going to be available for bb users?

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    You said it, how much longer do us Blackberry folks have to wait....wow

We own the hottes coolest and better phones in the market (iPhones and blackberrys) and still won't make the app for our fones? Why skyfire gets people happy saying that is for smarth fones when is only for a few and not all the smart fones.

BStark no está en línea Stack level 2
    A buddy of mine, who is a stacker here, is in on the beta for this. He has a Bold.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BStark View Post
    A buddy of mine, who is a stacker here, is in on the beta for this. He has a Bold.
    This has been posted on twitter an crackberry not sure if its been posted here but here ya go

http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBM/Skyfire/skyfire.jad

BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126
    Last edited by brianjr1988; 07-27-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast