Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't want anyone to have access to my personal anything, not India.....not even Bush ... Smartphone News forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

I wouldn't want anyone to have access to my personal anything, not India.....not even Bush and his damn FISA Amendments Act, but that's another subject.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    india is a huge market, that's why. why do you think every big corporation including almost every american company is getting into india these days? they follow the money.

Okay, lets be real about this, it is not the Money, it is Cheap Labor and the vast numbers of Laborers. I don't believe RIM should cave in to this at all.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Okay, lets be real about this, it is not the Money, it is Cheap Labor and the vast numbers of Laborers. I don't believe RIM should cave in to this at all.
    tell that to every major corporation thats going to india. but u r partly right. its a lot cheaper there too...because of the rupee vs dollar and sheer number of middle class english speaking ppl.

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2
    thats not required all they need is to access indian numbers they do not need to access US customer base.its very simple to filter users according to carriers

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Did I read somewhere that India would be satisfied with a closed circuit blackberry network? If RIM wants to develop a special Indian model blackberry and divulge a new encryption standard to the Indian gov't so that they can monitor all communications, and that these phones could never communicate with another blackberry outside of India and never even pass through RIM's North American servers, thats fine with me.

Just dont ask to have my security compromised so you can better handle your problems.
    thats not required all they need is to access indian numbers they do not need to access US customer base.its very simple to filter users according to carriers

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by k9820986843 View Post
    Well im not going to have my security decrypted by the indian gov't and just sit back and say "well they dont have my phone number so Im safe". The whole idea is to trust no one. Hell even RIM cant necessarily be trusted. How do we know for sure they really comply with their own security initiative and do not posess the decryption keys they invented for the purposes of spying or selling their own customer information? We dont. So we start by trusting RIM, but it ends there. We're not going to assume that the indian gov't will comply and only spy on their customers, and never divulge the encryption to another entity or let it leak out and so forth, and tends to always happen.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Well put Javi. Im with you.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Well im not going to have my security decrypted by the indian gov't and just sit back and say "well they dont have my phone number so Im safe". The whole idea is to trust no one. Hell even RIM cant necessarily be trusted. How do we know for sure they really comply with their own security initiative and do not posess the decryption keys they invented for the purposes of spying or selling their own customer information? We dont. So we start by trusting RIM, but it ends there. We're not going to assume that the indian gov't will comply and only spy on their customers, and never divulge the encryption to another entity or let it leak out and so forth, and tends to always happen.
    I have to completely agree with you. Even the US government doesn't trust RIM completely based off the news on the front page. Despite BB's being secure, they are still telling their own people to leave them at home for the Olympics because of the possibility of someone intercepting the encrypted transmission and decrypting it.

Zo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12