Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

But When Will It Me Available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please The Waiting Is Killing Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Smartphone News forum

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

Advertisement

But When Will It Me Available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please The Waiting Is Killing Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viguera no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    I am running 4.3 on my 8320 and can confirm that mine look exactly like this 4.5 so it is in fact 4.3 with a new version number.....Question. did that come preinstalled on your 8820? or are you doing testing
    Remember that 4.5 was originally slated to be 4.3. I've used 4.3.0.x on an 8130 and the browser looks just like that as well.

My guess is that there's a lot of 4.5 in 4.3 right now, with a few exceptions.

sascha no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    What's new about the Address Book? Any screenshots?

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    Yeah, this whole waiting thing is driving me crazy. My 8320 thrives on updates, and it makes me happy. It would be nice to see a solid time slot for this.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    I have the 4.5 on a 8320 and BBsmart and Simulsays also stopped working for me. Anyone else?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by smis View Post
    Can you record phone calls?
    Would love that...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Quote Originally Posted by stranjal7 View Post
    I have the 4.5 on a 8320 and BBsmart and Simulsays also stopped working for me. Anyone else?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had to reinstall a few apps.... i hate that it doesnt keep my customization with a battery pull.
    BB8900 is mine!

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I'm sure I would enjoy the upgrade, but I'm sure I won't enjoy the wait.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PiMPSP View Post
    Empower does nothing on 4.5, you can install it...but it will have no functionality..
    I am so confused. Ok, I have Empower email viewer right now and I like my emails this way. Are you saying that even if I download empower that I bought, on the new OS, it now won't work? And it will be only for BES? Are we BIS users stuck with the crappy email that we can't upgrade? Someone also posted that their BBsmart stopped working as well. HHmmmm

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    I had to reinstall a few apps.... i hate that it doesnt keep my customization with a battery pull.
    Not even that everything is set up ok but they just dont work anymore. You? Im sure that it will all work come the official release.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I am so confused. Ok, I have Empower email viewer right now and I like my emails this way. Are you saying that even if I download empower that I bought, on the new OS, it now won't work? And it will be only for BES? Are we BIS users stuck with the crappy email that we can't upgrade? Someone also posted that their BBsmart stopped working as well. HHmmmm

Ya, that's pretty much it.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on an 8320 with 4.5.0.10, so I'll answer a few of the questions in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by benritmeyer View Post
    Also, it says new Browser, what does the Browser do/look differently?
    The browser start page is changed; there is an address entry bar, bookmarks, and a short history list. The address entry field shows partial matches for web addresses that you've visited before. Not super different from the older browser in this regard.

CSS support in the browser seems to be a bit better. A lot more websites that I visit actually have styles applied to elements of the page.

Also, navigation with the browser is with a mouse type cursor, similar to Opera Mini when zoomed in. This cursor can move diagonally, and with much more precision than the Opera one. To enter text into a field, you have to hover over it with the cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by smis View Post
    Can you record phone calls?
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Prorock View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~They should get really get HTML on BIS too if they are serious about the consumer market. I really don't think it would be best idea to keep HTML just for BES.
    I am sure that a future BIS update will enable HTML email for BIS users as well. Since 4.5 is not yet available for public consumption, I don't think that is a high priority for RIM or the carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    What's new about the Address Book? Any screenshots?
    While I can't take any screenshots, the address book now shows contacts in a two-line per contact type view. Adding contacts includes a few fields for IM contact that I don't remember being there before.

The look is slightly different, but functionally it is close to the same.

A couple of other changes that I've noticed:
    -AIM has been upgraded. I know Sprint users have had access to AIM 2.0, but it seems that this upgrade also requires a carrier side update.
    -The voice notes recorder has the ability to record continually over 30 seconds in length. The recordings are split on the 30 second boundaries, but no user intervention is required to begin recording to the next file.
    -Video Camera has been added as an icon, and it is also accessible from the still-picture Camera application. Oh and... video recording requires a media card. I guess there isn't enough space in device memory to record anything of substantial length.
    -A slight change with the T-Mobile Zen theme: after 30 seconds of inactivity, the full menu returns to the Zen ribbon.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    i upgraded my 8310 to 4.5 os yesterday and my available memory went down from 22 mb to 7 mb with such low availaible memory i have to keep deleting my mails and sms's often.

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    i upgraded my 8310 to 4.5 os yesterday and my available memory went down from 22 mb to 7 mb with such low availaible memory i have to keep deleting my mails and sms's often.

i truly hope this is just something that happened before u gave that battery the 'proverbial' pull. if not we are looking at over 60% reduction in memory... no space for other apps.... lots of opportunity for memory leakage

RIM needs to start looking at how to put non operating programs on the card and not on the internal memory.

that is quite worrying..

its like upgrading a millenium pc to xp..... bad idea

sascha no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    Where did u get that update?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast