Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by PiMPSP 4.5 breaks empower HTML viewer, so I hope RIM still plans ... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PiMPSP View Post
    4.5 breaks empower HTML viewer, so I hope RIM still plans *someday* to include HTML emails lol
    I don't understand, what does break Empower mean?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    4.5 has built in html viewer which is free

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    but will it not let me use empower if i bought it? im t hinking if some stackers are trying it out it should come soon no?

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharris View Post
    and Ive noticed that there is no longer an "update device" link available as there was yesterday that points to the HH and desktop software for all models. the HH software version installed is 4.2.2.193 (to accomodate the UMA bits probably) . . .
    Thats only available to BES users...

Over-the-Air Device Software Upgrades4– Organizations will be able to update a user's BlackBerry device software wirelessly, delivering a fast, cost-effective method for remotely supporting users and managing BlackBerry device software lifecycles.

4) Requires BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.4 and BlackBerry device software v4.5 or above.

from the same link hayden posted.

PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    but will it not let me use empower if i bought it? im t hinking if some stackers are trying it out it should come soon no?
    Empower does nothing on 4.5, you can install it...but it will have no functionality..

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    4.5 has built in html viewer which is free
    So far only indicated for BES

Enhanced Messaging and Collaboration
    The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is a complete, end-to-end wireless platform that extends the benefits of an organization's messaging and collaboration environment to mobile users. Updates to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry device software1 will enable customers to further enhance usability and increase end-user productivity.
    • Document Downloading and Editing – As a result of the integration of the ‘Documents To Go® by DataViz®’ software with the BlackBerry platform, users will be able to edit Microsoft® Office Word, PowerPoint® and Excel® files2 directly on their BlackBerry smartphone.
    • Remote Search for Messages – Users will be able to search for and retrieve email messages from their email server even if the message is no longer stored on their BlackBerry smartphone.
    • Free-Busy Calendar Lookup – Users on the go will be able to check the availability of colleagues before sending a meeting request.
    • HTML and Rich Text Email Rendering – BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to view HTML and rich text email messages with original formatting preserved including font colors and styles, embedded images, hyperlinks, tables, bullets and other formatting.
    • Advanced Enterprise Instant Messaging and Presence – New features for users running IBM Lotus Sametime® and Microsoft Live Communications Server will include improved address book integration, IM contact “click to call”, IM session “convert to call” and advanced emoticon support, allowing co-workers to collaborate and communicate more effectively using their BlackBerry smartphones.
    1) Requires BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1.5 and BlackBerry device software v4.5 or above.

http://www.rim.com/news/press/2008/p..._2008-01.shtml
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 03-26-2008 at 05:47 PM.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    It would be nice to see some screenshots of the new HTML email viewer

PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    jibi posted some on BGR previously, BUT with that being said it would be nice to see some NEWER shots with it enabled...I don't have a BES anyways..so hopefully it will be enabled for BIS users someday...but then again, those are things that seperate BIS from BES, if RIM gave everything to both, their would be NO reason to purchase a BES lol

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~They should get really get HTML on BIS too if they are serious about the consumer market. I really don't think it would be best idea to keep HTML just for BES.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Is this an OS that is out or an advertisement?
    an advertisement? he is clearly surfing PinStack on the browser shots...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    gotta love it...the new os is sleek and stylish and well worth the wait we were all expecting

PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnq View Post
    I thought the documents to go were a part of the new OS, not a trial in the new OS.
    hmmmmm

Standard is free, premium costs $$, but you will get a free 30 day trial of it as well...premium features shown below

Last edited by Bla1ze; 03-27-2008 at 01:32 AM.

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Smile Who Cares

wow
    Last edited by mike22; 03-27-2008 at 08:33 AM.

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    i have the new o.s. 4.3 it no big deal,so everybody is waiting for 4.5 same as 4.3 but took most of the bugs out.still just an average o.s.
    Last edited by mike22; 03-27-2008 at 08:33 AM.

dionigi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247b941b
    O_o is that... a decent font? on a blackberry?!

is this all BES-only, or does that only apply to the HTML email?

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    T-Mobile (US) 8820 with 4.5.0.10
    • New browser.
    • New fonts.
    • Some of the apps are new. Word-to-go trial (by docs-to-go) etc.
    • Improved email setup
    • Improved address book
    • Improved ring quality
    • Many of the improvements are already known so nothing new here. See link below
    See known changes here

I have to play around with it and see… if I find anything earth-shattering I will let you know. However, RIM has don't a great job delivering the changes that will make everyday usage easier.

I am running 4.3 on my 8320 and can confirm that mine look exactly like this 4.5 so it is in fact 4.3 with a new version number.....Question. did that come preinstalled on your 8820? or are you doing testing
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast