Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SanDisk Corporation today announced it is bringing to market its 16GB microSDHC mobile memory cards ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

SanDisk Launches World's Largest Mobile MemCard Capacity... 16GB MicroSDHC!

Advertisement

SanDisk Corporation today announced it is bringing to market its 16GB microSDHC mobile memory cards - the world’s largest removable storage capacity for mobile phones. Best Buy Mobile and Verizon Wireless stores are the first major retail outlets in the United States to carry the 16GB capacity. The fingernail-sized 16GB memory cards allow consumers to “wake up” the many storage-intensive features offered by today’s portable handsets such as music and video playback, high-definition digital camera functions, gaming and GPS applications. In addition to the mobile phone, consumers can use the 16GB microSDHC card in a multitude of other devices, including video cameras, GPS receivers or MP3 players with a microSD slots such as SanDisk’s Sansa&#174 players.

“Handsets have become far more than just phones - they’ve become mobile jukeboxes, mobile offices, even mobile movie theaters,” said Avi Greengart, Research Director for Mobile Devices at Current Analysis. “Flash memory cards have increased in storage capacity, but even an 8GB card may be too small for anyone with GPS map data, a few movies, a game or two, a presentation file and other applications. There is an acute need for more mobile storage capacity. 16GB gives consumers the ability to carry their digital content with them and still have room to do more with their mobile phones.”

Expected Pricing, Availability and Product Information
    SanDisk’s 16GB microSDHC card has an MSRP of $99.99. The new 16GB capacity will be available at Best Buy Mobile stores in October and Verizon Wireless stores in November – the only major retailers in the United States to carry this mobile storage capacity in 2008.

MicroSD cards are designed for slot-equipped legacy mobile phones and can hold a maximum capacity of 2GB. Today’s microSDHC cards are available in 4GB, 8GB and now 16GB, are ideal for newer mobile phone models, most of which are compatible with these higher capacity cards. SanDisk’s 16GB mobile memory cards come with a five-year limited warranty.

To learn more about SanDisk’s Wake Up Your Phone initiative, which educates consumers about the benefits of using memory cards in their mobile phone slots, visit www.wakeupyourphone.com.

For more information about SanDisk’s mobile phone memory products, see www.sandisk.com/mobile.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Awesome. Now to just get 4.6 . . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Suddenly the UK seems to be getting things earlier. I bought one of these last week http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=173933
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Just in Time for the Bold, Great!

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Awesome!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Dude!!!

That's so totally awesome!!! I can't believe they have finally gone that high in memory storage for our wonderful little devices

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    just saw an 8gig for 29 incld shipping on amazon!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well, i just got my 8gig'r. I cant do a thing with my curve and that 16gb card until 4.6 is rolled out. Knowing rim and sprint.. That prolly wont be until a year from now, for an official 8.6 release...

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    i have a question stackers; i wanted to know can a 8GB caed fit in my 8310, and will it work???

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    That would go just lovely with a BlackBerry Storm. So if Verizon starts selling these badboys in November then I could get both around the same time!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gooseology no está en línea Stack level 1
    Got an 8GB card yesterday for my 8310, only to find out today that the it doesn't support 8GB yet. Had to go back and "downsize" to a 2GB. Running 4.5.0.44 - anyone know of a timetable for 4.6 for AT&T?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wow!! R U serious?? the 8310 with 4.5 doesnt support 8gb? My 8330 with 4.3 does.. Thats strange and sucks..

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I will be getting one with my Bold, whenever that may be.

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I will be getting mine as soon as we have it here in South Africa. Well I'm with Vodafone but the problem is that vodafone has not yet officially realesed the O.S 4.5 yet I'm still stuck with my 4.2. Even if I get it will I be able to use the 16Gig card on O.S 4.2? Please Vodafone come on now

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    Wow!! R U serious?? the 8310 with 4.5 doesnt support 8gb? My 8330 with 4.3 does.. Thats strange and sucks..
    Thats very odd, cause my 8310 OS 4.5.0.81 has a 8gb card in it..... 4.5 OS does support 8gb.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast