GSMArena : One of the officially revealed devices today was of course the Samsung i8910 ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Samsung i8910 Omnia HD - 3.7" OLED capacitive touchscreen of QHD resolution

Advertisement

GSMArena: One of the officially revealed devices today was of course the Samsung i8910 OmniaHD. As you may already know the monster sports a 3.7" OLED capacitive touchscreen of QHD resolution (640 x 360 pixels) and 16 million colors. An 8 megapixel shooter with the unprecedented 720p HD video recording at 24fps has made headlines well before the official launch, along with the latest Symbian S60 5th that lies beneath. The other imaging assets include geo-tagging, Face detection, Smile Shot and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) setting.

[Read More]

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hayden; did i ever told you that you are the coolest dude on the planet.
    You have made my day. I guest samsung will be the first to release and true OLED HD cell phone. Look out iphone.

You read my mind when I made the comment yesterday about the OLED phone.

I am already sold just on that. They should have went with the Full 1080p instead on the 720p. WOW I can't wait to check this out.

Now the question it, which one of the carriers is going to pick this up.
    Last edited by planneau; 02-17-2009 at 11:52 AM.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Jaceh no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    A great phone for those who like to watch and record video in HD. Just have to wait and see what the price is.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    More specs:

• General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/1900/2100 MHz, GPRS/EDGE class 12, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
    • Form factor: Touchscreen bar
    • Dimensions: 123 x 58 x 12.9 mm
    • Display: 3.7-inch 16M color OLED touchscreen, 640 x 360 pixels
    • Memory: 8/16GB integrated memory, non-hot-swappable microSD card slot (up to 16GB)
    • Camera: 8 megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash, geo-tagging, Face detection, Smile Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) and HD video recording at 24 fps
    • Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS and optional Samsung Mobile Navigator by Route66, HDMI (dongle needed)
    • Misc: Accelerometer for screen auto rotate, Proximity sensor for auto screen turn-off, FM radio with RDS, DivX/XviD video support
    • Battery: 1500 mAh battery

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    this is insane the capabilities that it has on it
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    That looks pretty nice.
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    Ask
    its so sleek, it looks sweeter than the storm

This phone is a dream come true; well I hope so. I am a big HD fan, I am more of a fan of OLED. I was waiting a very long time for a device to have such res. RIM was very close, but I guess Samsung beat them to it. This phone will probably make me give up my BB. WOW this is nuts.

Any rumor of the carrier that is going to pick this up?
    And the price?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    This phone is a dream come true; well I hope so. I am a big HD fan, I am more of a fan of OLED. I was waiting a very long time for a device to have such res. RIM was very close, but I guess Samsung beat them to it. This phone will probably make me give up my BB. WOW this is nuts.

Any rumor of the carrier that is going to pick this up?
    And the price?
    wow i never thought i would hear someone say they would give up their blackberry for something else

Quote Originally Posted by lsu4lif3 View Post
    wow i never thought i would hear someone say they would give up their blackberry for something else
    Yeah; I never thought I would have said that as well. But this phone is going to be it. Unless RIM answer to this.

AN HD OLED PHONE! Mon I thought it would have took them at least till 2010 to 12 untill they start hitting the market. Plus it has an HDMI port to plug to you HD tv.
    Now I might stick to my blackberry if it dosen't have email and all the other nice features and apps a smartphone has. But I dout that it won't.

Please and some call RIM and tell them to build one too cause I really don't want to leave the Blackberry....lol
    Last edited by planneau; 02-18-2009 at 12:46 PM.