(Via BerryReview ) SameCell is a free service that alerts you when friends or people ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

SameCell - Free BlackBerry download

Advertisement

(Via BerryReview) SameCell is a free service that alerts you when friends or people you’d like to meet are nearby.

SameCell does not share your location with other users. SameCell merely alerts you when your friends (or members of groups you join) are within your chosen proximity.

SameCell for Blackberry - http://www.samecell.com/blackberry.htm
    SameCell for BlackBerry is a full function mobile version of SameCell that integrates with all other SameCell applications.

The Blackberry application is simple to setup and use. It can be installed over-the-air directly onto your Blackberry in about 1 minute.

Application benefits include:
    • Automatic location updates based on cell towers (and GPS when available).
    • Real-time mobile proximity alerts.
    • Seamless syncronization for users who also use SameCell within Facebook.
    • Integration with the Blackberry address book for friend selection and invites.
    Getting Started
    Simply visit www.samecell.com/setup from your BlackBerry browser to download the application.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I had this on my pearl before and it didn't seem to do anything am I missing something? I deleted it cause I was like, WTH am I supposed to do with it now.

anyone else actually USE it?
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Sounds like it might be worth checking out.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Seems like a cool unique app. But pointless imo. Especially if you live in a small town.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I couldn't get the setup site to give me a link to try it out. Sent an email to support. They answered me once. So we shall see.
    Anyone with an 8320 have any luck trying it out?

thetapi759 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nope every time I try it gives me the unexpected error message, hopefully someone with an 8320 can tell us how they got it working.

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an 8310. I was able to get it loaded and I have 3 pending invites. I agree, seems a little pointless but a well designed program. If interested, Chicagoans can PM me if your interested in joining my Pinstack group on Same Cell.
    Or feel free to add me: ericlbooker@aol.com

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Interesting idea so I've downloaded the program and installed it on my pearl 8100.

I liked the idea and was willing to keep it on my BB except for the fact that I was not able to set my e-mail info to one that is not registered to the BB.

I got a gmail account that I uses for this purpose should the program agreement be the one where the company shares my e-mail address.

Now, I've had read most of the agreement and it said that I was supposed to be able to change the address if I accepted the agreement and continued to use the program. So I went ahead and continued using the program and went to option, the only change I was able to do at all was to switch between 2 of my BB e-mail address, NOT ANY "OUTSIDE" ADDRESS, so beware that you MAY gets spam to whichever e-mail account you registered to it.

The 2 account I have registered to the BB are strictly family and friend only so I DO NOT want any spam at all to these accounts.

If the company change the options to be able to include "outside" e-mail account, I would be back to trying the program out more throughtly.

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Related to previous post:
    I've reread the agreement and indeed they do have the right to disclose your e-mail address. Just letting those of you that are spam-paranoid like me knows.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    My 8320 kept giving me errors plus you and your frien dhas to have this in order for it to work.

digitaldevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244c79bd
    It wouldn't fully install on my 8100 here either. Kept getting incaught exception errors~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Same as all the other 8320's.
    No love.

*Plus* It kills your battery!!!
    :)

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Unfortunately, the program is missing the ability to include forwarded email accounts. Many people (especially in the target market) use their university's alumni email forwarding accounts or other personal email accounts that get forwarded to a work or other account that is picked up by the blackberry. Their friends will know this personal account, but SameCell refuses to use any email account not actually registered on the blackberry. They could easily send an activation link for security for other email accounts. I don't understand why they lock out this option (I've tried, it won't let me add an email address that is not directly registered on my blackberry).

Also, I've heard that the minimum accuracy allowed is 3 miles. If that is so, this product would be practically useless in a city. For example, I know that most of my friends from Boston will be in Boston somewhere. I want to know if they happen to be in the same neighborhood. I can understand the privacy need for that level distance in rural environments, but it would be easy for them to program different minimum distances based on the location. Urban should be something like .25 to .5 miles, i.e., what most would consider "close-by" from a walking perspective.