Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by Sirthinks I have been doing side by side comparisons all night. The ... Smartphone News forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Speed

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I have been doing side by side comparisons all night. The 8900 on Edge has been keeping up to the Bold on 3G quite nicely.

A second here and there makes little or no difference to me. If I am loading pages that take too long on Edge then I might as well fire up my laptop. I think, however, my laptop using a 3G Rocket Stick is still slower than the 8900 on Edge.

I am loving this phone. I only wish it had come out before the Bold did.
    I didn't expect 3G to be faster than EDGE unless I am downloading a file. When you are rendering a web page, it is mostly text. I am sure the speeds will be similar.

The reason why I need 3G, is not for speed. Sometimes I am on the phone with a client and I need to email them something we are discussing. I prefer to send the email while I am on the phone instead of hanging up, sending the email and then calling them back.

I can continue my conversation with them, they receive my email attachment and we can continue our discussion without interruption.

koala07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would love for this to be available for AT&T =)

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I didn't expect 3G to be faster than EDGE unless I am downloading a file. When you are rendering a web page, it is mostly text. I am sure the speeds will be similar.

The reason why I need 3G, is not for speed. Sometimes I am on the phone with a client and I need to email them something we are discussing. I prefer to send the email while I am on the phone instead of hanging up, sending the email and then calling them back.

I can continue my conversation with them, they receive my email attachment and we can continue our discussion without interruption.
    Just learned something.

I agree with earlier posts: it looks great!

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Jealous...oh so very very jealous. *sigh*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123