Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thinnest and lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone joins Rogers' lineup of innovative and stylish BlackBerry smartphones, ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Rogers and RIM Launch the New BlackBerry Curve 8900 Smartphone in Canada

Advertisement

Thinnest and lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone joins Rogers' lineup of innovative and stylish BlackBerry smartphones, on Canada's most reliable wireless network.

Rogers Wireless and Research In Motion today announce the launch of the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone. The new BlackBerry Curve 8900 delivers a sleek, new twist on a classic style, and it is the thinnest full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone to date. It combines quad-band EDGE support with built-in Wi-Fi(R) and GPS, a 512 MHz next-generation processor and a dazzling 480 x 360, high-resolution display.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
    Beginning today, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone is available from Rogers from $179.99 with activation on any combination of 3 year voice and data plan with minimum combined monthly service fee of $45 per month from Rogers. Some conditions apply.
    For more information please visit: www.rogers.com/8900 or http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...errycurve8900/.

With an expansive feature-set including a powerful media player and 3.2 megapixel camera, as well as advanced phone, email, messaging, organizer and web browser applications, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone makes it incredibly easy to connect with family, friends and co-workers and to stay both productive and entertained while on the go.

"Rogers is thrilled to offer Canadians the exclusive BlackBerry Curve 8900, the smallest full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone to enter the market," said John Boynton, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Rogers Wireless. "With its ingenious design and stunning display, leading-edge mobile messaging system and compatibility with Rogers TalkSpot, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 strikes the right balance between serious business tool and social lifeline."

"The new BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone packs an amazing range of useful features into a simply beautiful and compact design," said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Research In Motion. "It delivers a winning combination for people who want exceptional phone quality, reliable email and messaging and great media features together with a well designed keyboard and renowned ease-of-use."
    The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone from Rogers Wireless features:
    - A refined, streamlined design - the handset weighs just 110 grams and measures only 109mm x 60mm x 13.5mm
    - A brilliant 2.4 inch HVGA+ light-sensing display that makes pictures and videos come to life
    - A 3.2 MP digital camera including auto focus, digital zoom, flash, image stabilization and video recording
    - Built-in GPS supporting TeleNav GPS Navigator(TM) and BlackBerry(R) Maps -- providing maps, step-by-step directions, and local searches -- as well as support for geotagging pictures
    - Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with support for Rogers TalkSpot(TM) service
    - The Rogers Do More portal enabling access to a variety of mobile applications for business and personal use
    - Instant messaging with BlackBerry(R) Messenger, Google(R) Talk, Windows Live Messenger(TM) and Yahoo!(R) Messenger
    - Support for the Facebook(R) for BlackBerry(R) Smartphones application, which enables fast, streamlined and optimized mobile access to the popular Facebook social utility
    - An advanced media player for music, video and pictures, including support for streaming audio and video
    - An enhanced web browser that displays full web pages quickly, for a desktop-style browsing experience wherever you are
    - MicroSD/SDHC memory card slot supporting cards up to 16 GB, ideal for storing songs, pictures, videos and documents
    - Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately 5.5 hours of talk time and 15 days of standby time
    - DataViz(R) Documents To Go(R) preinstalled, enabling customers to edit Microsoft(R) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on the smartphone
    - Support for BlackBerry(R) Media Sync, giving users a simple way to sync iTunes(R) digital music collections with the smartphone(i)
    - Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth(R) (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
    - BlackBerry(R) Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
    - BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server support for enterprise deployments with advanced security and IT controls
    [/FONT]

PIN/ID
    AskMe

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I know some people that can not wait also.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Walked over to the rogers store and looked at it, pretty nice device~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think I've finally found my upgrade from my beloved Pearl. Looks amazing!

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well this would be the only reason I don't get a Storm. (and have to switch to Rogers from Telus)

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    i think i am gonna wait for the 3g version, or maybe the bold2 with the touch display and full keyboard BUT... this is a nice machine

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Very Nice. The Question is when will it be realest in the us, and who will be carrying it.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    If it supports UMA then it will most likely be Tmobile

AT&T is too "cool" to carry non-3G device nowadays.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    When are we gonna get it in the States? What our money's no good for you anymore? I want my Curve Dos now!!!!! :cry:

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    T mobile?? Booooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Anyone got a guess on what the full retail pricing on the 8900 will be? I don't think i've been so excited over getting something since my dad told me he was sending me a Nintendo 64 when i was 14.....
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via BB BOLD (wap.pinstack.com)~

Full retail price, with GST (Cananda - Alberta) 649.97

Just picked one up. If I can find an external cam I will record the unboxing!!

I haven't even seen the device un-boxed. Walked into Rogers before they even set up the display and walked out less than 5 minutes later with my new toy.

I am so excited to get home to play!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Raton... Its about time Canada got a BB release before the US... Oops. Forgot about the Bold. Sorry dude... ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast