Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

archer6, I used my Bold to post this. Is your beef with the small font? ... Smartphone News forum

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

archer6,

I used my Bold to post this. Is your beef with the small font?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    ok cool i thought i was trippin for a second there lol. that would be nice tho i guess. use it as a clear self portrait for pics not just the mirror

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    No, I think you are looking at the side by side with the 8220 flip, which does have a LCD on the outside for the clock.

8900 is like the curve only having the main screen.
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by squished18 View Post
    archer6,
    I used my Bold to post this. Is your beef with the small font?
    Yes, I have 20/20 perfect vision, and it's just too small to use practically when I post 15 or more rather lengthy responses on PinStack. After years of using a BlackBerry and never having this problem it's simply unacceptable that the Bold does not handle posting on PinStack as well as my year old Curve 8310. I travel a lot for business therefore I'm waiting in airports, or other places where a BlackBerry is handy to use for PinStack. I'm not sitting at home in front of a computer like many people. Therefore after spending hours trying every possible setting with the browser I just gave up. In addition in case you've not seen my other posts, I've been very patient and spent a few weeks with FOUR Bolds, all bad. That plus that fact that they all had other issues.

I'm now using my 8310, and it's fast, fast, fast. The 3G experience on the Bold was medium to slow for 3G. I have sever other brands of smartphones running on AT&T, that are 3G. None of which is a slow as the Bold. Nokia N series, Blackjacks, Moto Q's , you name it. I buy a lot of new unbranded, unlocked 3G phones and they all run much faster than the Bold. However that said, I'm sure that RIM will catch up. It's just that they are a year late to the party. Where I live and travel 3G is very strong, so I'm used to being on 3G.

Cheers...

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Archer: Have you tried Pinstack with the Storm?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Nice... WiFi Capabilities. Nice look too.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    Archer: Have you tried Pinstack with the Storm?
    Yes he did and he reported to me that the font issue is still there.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    n/a
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-05-2008 at 05:30 PM.

barrettcasella no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think the 8900 looks great.... I guess we shall see what the finished product is like soon... I wont be one of the people complaining about the phone before it even comes out.... anyone heard of wait and see?

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    So who's buying me one? Maybe the forums can pitch in. Email donations to aflansburg@gmail.com :P
    - berrythemes . com -

priest_spy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A5F6DD
    Is it available in Singapore? Anyone can help me how to buy Javelin? I have been waiting for Javelin for 6 months. ic ic

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by priest_spy View Post
    Is it available in Singapore? Anyone can help me how to buy Javelin? I have been waiting for Javelin for 6 months. ic ic
    No idea sorry but if youre asking if Rogers sells to Singapore the answer is NO.
    Sorry

jikozi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    It's definitely coming to AT&T.
    i know i am pushing it, but any idea on a possible timeline for an AT&T launch?

i would love the storm, but refuse the switch to verizon. the bold was the next logical choice, however with built-in GPS and WiFi, and a slightly smaller size, this new 8900 is probably enough of a device for my needs.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    So far I love my 8900! However I'm already missing my 8310!

But the performance on the 8900 is SUCH a difference. Runs so much faster and smoother. I'm still getting used to the keys, because they're a bit flatter than the Curve's 8310.

What's a little bit difficult to getting used to are the font or display from the web browser, especially while viewing pinstack. I like opening web pages in "column view" but when I do column view for pinstack on the 8900, I still need to zoom in one more time and then each word or number is displayed line after line. For example:
    Home
    Forums
    Downloads
    etc

instead of:

Home | Forums | Downloads| etc

It's kind of ugly to look at.

And I can NOT download Google Maps for the life of me. Don't know if any other 8900 user uses this app, but it's one of my most used app from my 8310 and I'm getting a bit frustrated because every time I try to insert my phone # to have the link sent to me, it keeps saying "invalid phone number". Argh!

Also, still trying to figure out how to watch videos from Youtube. Keep getting an error message but I'll follow up on that. I think I just need to change some setting.

The camera and video recording is AMAZING. Video recording is NOT laggy at all. Very smooth and watchable. Just can't wait to watch a video from Youtube...>.<
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unfortunately the problem that I'm having with viewing Youtube videos is the same issue that Storm users are having. I get an error message: "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive."

So far, well from my research, there has not yet been a solution to this problem
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234