Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Here are pictures and scans of, as the title reveals the Official Spec Sheet, the ... Smartphone News forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Rogers 8900 Curve: Official Spec Sheet, Flyer and Dummy unit.

Advertisement

Here are pictures and scans of, as the title reveals the Official Spec Sheet, the Official Flyer and the Dummy unit.
    Corporate stores should already have them or are getting them tomorrow.
    As far as the actual units; they are being shipped on thursday so expect them at your local store on Friday or the next business day, Monday.

Again prices are as follow:
    - $179 on a 3 year with voice and data of $45 or more.
    - $549 mtm or 1 year.
    - $524 on a 2 year with no data.
    - $499 on a 2 year with data.
    - $499 on a 3 year with no data.

Let the drooling begin ...

All pictures are taken by yours truly except for the last Bold vs Javelin comparaison which was taken by MleXxus from another forum.

So there you go, Enjoy!
    Now just sit back and wait for the stores to get them !

ps: who wants to take a guess as to why i am not a graphic designer as far as the flyers' scan is concerned lol ?
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-04-2008 at 02:03 AM.

BB_KC_Boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2079E897
    Sweet thanks for the upload... Even the Dummy phone looks cool....
    T- Mobile G1 using Cyanogen Build 4.1.11.1 Android 1.6 On T-Mobile Network
    Running a Hero Based Theme

I AM A PC AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Youre welcome and yes even the dummy is cool to play with lol not as much as the real thing obviously. The real thing will blow your brains out; trust me.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Here are pictures and scans of, as the title reveals the Official Spec Sheet, the Official Flyer and the Dummy unit.
    The BIG question for me is: will the browser be the same as the Bold Browser?

If so, I have no use for this model. After all I now have a stellar new Bold that I have mixed feelings about.

Why?...because I cannot use it to Post, Blog, or otherwise enjoy PinStack.

Or for that matter, a host of other forums. This is unacceptable. Had I known this, I would have never bought this BB. It's especially frustrating when my "old" Curve 8310 provided an excellent experience when accessing PinStack... fast, easy viewing, and easy posting. Therefore to find out after buying RIM's "flagship" Bold that it would not do what my Curve would is a reflection of a decline in my confidence in RIM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The BIG question for me is: will the browser be the same as the Bold Browser?

If so, I have no use for this model. After all I now have a stellar new Bold that I have mixed feelings about.

Why?...because I cannot use it to Post, Blog, or otherwise enjoy PinStack.

Or for that matter, a host of other forums. This is unacceptable. Had I known this, I would have never bought this BB. It's especially frustrating when my "old" Curve 8310 provided an excellent experience when accessing PinStack... fast, easy viewing, and easy posting. Therefore to find out after buying RIM's "flagship" Bold that it would not do what my Curve would is a reflection of a decline in my confidence in RIM.
    As i had already answered before in another thread, when i got to play with a demo unit the problem was still there. Mind you that demo unit was running one of the earliest 8900 OS which means that it was basically just a Bold OS fitted to the 8900.
    According to my contacts at RIM, the 8900 OS is really being CAREFULLY finished up (done by the time i'm writing this) and there shouldn't be any issues.
    I asked about the pinstack issue but i do not think the person I have exchanges with really understood what i meant.
    I will keep you posted as soon as I get my own unit - this friday or monday.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I read somwhere that the usb is on the lower right side of the unit, is this correct? If so that is a major flaw for me I have big Hands and I can't be typing on this thing while its plugged in. Also if this has the same OS as the bold but a better screen won't the font be even smaller while trying to view pinstack?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I read somwhere that the usb is on the lower right side of the unit, is this correct? If so that is a major flaw for me I have big Hands and I can't be typing on this thing while its plugged in. Also if this has the same OS as the bold but a better screen won't the font be even smaller while trying to view pinstack?
    I have read the same thing. Seems like an odd location, but I'm sure they had a reason to put it there even if it does interfere. I also have big hands, and can imagine that this would be an odd location.

Yes you are on the right track with your thinking. It's a deal breaker for me, as I simply could not enjoy PinStack from my Bold. This is a serious issue for those of us that are dedicated PinStack lovers.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    *drool*

*slobber*

When is this hitting the US? DO WANT.

cbarry317 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm really suprised that the Bold has issues with pinstack. Every time im ready to go buy a new device some sort of problem pops up. I wish RIM had these bugs worked out before the release

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry317 View Post
    I'm really suprised that the Bold has issues with pinstack. Every time im ready to go buy a new device some sort of problem pops up. I wish RIM had these bugs worked out before the release
    Frankly I was blown away... as it was the last thing I expected to be a problem. I trusted RIM, and didn't even think about checking the browser until I went to use it. I was in total disbelief until I tried every conceivable setting only to find myself simply shocked.

I'm back to using my Curve 8310 as of today and I could not be happier. This model continues to amaze me... it does what it does so well. It's the longest I've ever used one model - for an entire year as my main BlackBerry and I'm still thrilled with it.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The Micro-USB port is indeed at the bottom of the right side. Ill take side pictures of the dummy and add them to the first post.

Archer, as i had mentionned to you by Email, my contacts are confirming to me that the 8900's OS's revision SHOULD correct every single one of the Bold's flaws.
    We will see when i get my own 8900 in the next couple of days - i will make a thorough examination of the device and report back.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Yes you are on the right track with your thinking. It's a deal breaker for me, as I simply could not enjoy PinStack from my Bold. This is a serious issue for those of us that are dedicated PinStack lovers.
    Whoa whats this? Cant you use opera or some other work around?

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Whoa whats this? Cant you use opera or some other work around?
    Believe me, I did not give up easily. As you noticed I was extremely patient and bought FOUR BOLDS. I used Opera, which I have a lot of experience with, as well as making every possible tweak to both the BB Browser AND Opera and nothing, but nothing makes working in the threads here in the forum practical.

It's extremely important to also note that my Fourth BOLD, was one that I really liked despite the issues. I tried very hard to make it work for me, as I dislike going backwards. I'm an early adopter and expect to have issues with new technologies and new devices.

However I WILL NOT give up using PinStack from my BlackBerry .... Period! And that is precisely what the Bold is guilty of, it makes it out of the question.

From my Curve 8310 I can and do access the forums, post, reply and blog. No less than an hour a day. A level of participation that I simply am not willing to give up because of RIM's bad decisions.

Cheers...

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I am actually enjoying being a rogers customer and getting the new devices : )

Thanks Ranxoren!!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    what is considered the upgrade price?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast