BlackBerry addicts and sufferers of cellphone-itis may soon find respite at four hotels in the ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Rockies hotels offer BlackBerry addicts help

Advertisement

BlackBerry addicts and sufferers of cellphone-itis may soon find respite at four hotels in the Canadian Rockies, now that one savvy company has created "electronic rehab getaways" for guests in need of professional help to disconnect from work.

The Fairmont Hotel and Resorts has just launched "electronic rehab getaways" at its resorts in Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper and Whistler.

Clients who sign up for the specialized package hand over their cellphones, BlackBerrys and other mobile devices, which are then locked up in the hotel safe. The guests sign a waiver pledging to go offline for the duration of their stay.

"People are looking for the opportunity to disconnect. They want somebody to say, 'Come here and unplug. ... Slow down and enjoy life,' " said Lori Grant, spokeswoman for Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.

As part of the package, which starts at $499 a night, BlackBerry and cellphone junkies checking into the Fairmont Banff Springs are treated to herbal teas, a meditation book and complimentary access to fitness classes and spa mineral pools.

Further west, technophiles can enter a minimum two-day "digital detox" at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, which also includes hiking with a mountain heritage guide, herbal teas and a paddle on the famous lake at a cost of $459 per night.
    Those signing over their mobiles to staff at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge are treated to fresh fruit and herbal teas, a guided hike and breathtaking views with a package price starting at $529.

"I think it's a great idea to break me away from the addiction," said Trevor Sziva, a salesman for a roofing products company said in Calgary on Wednesday.
    Sziva checks his well-worn BlackBerry at least 20 times a day. He's also been known to take it along on vacation -- much to the chagrin of his wife, who turns around and walks away when he uses it off-hours. Handing over the device to a hotel clerk would make fighting the urge to turn it on for a quick second that much easier, he said.

[source]

[image source]

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im not doing this, I dont have any kind of Blackberry addiction, Im serious, I really dont. No one can make me, I dont have a problem...........................I'll call Delta.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    i think my reasoning behind posting this was to let you know which hotels to NOT go to when vacationing in the canadian rockies

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    lol...Smart idea.

~via 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

ftx437 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2454c8a2
    -stands up-
    Hi my names Jono and I'm a BB addict.

I actually don't think i would be able to survive if i tried that..lol i need my info/news and internetz!

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3
    pure foolishness, some people are just attention whores

look, I have a blackberry and need it 24-7

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    At $500 a night, I will go take a carribean cruise instead. I get disconnected without having to hand over my BB.

Zo

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Think my health insurance would cover a week's vacation... Eh-hem , I mean intervention..?

;-)

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    O geez. I knew it was bad but come on now! A berryrehab!!

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~uggh!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    That picture is awesome. I think I found a new avatar.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    that is crazy, i like amigotek's idea...lol
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    I just looked up their address and flight times as well as booked a ticket from my blackberry. I don't have a problem... :P lol jk

PIN/ID
    ATA
    lol @ adam.sn's comment!!

im with you jonny! but i will say that on the cruise i took that went from san diego to cabo, i had reception and could use my bb

i think the ONLY time that i could EVER go without would be when camping or something where there is absolutely no signal whatsoever...lol. then temptation is removed from the equation all together