Click to view via Yahoo! Finance Update 10 mins later... on the rebound...... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

RIMM's near $2.00 fall... what sparked this?

Advertisement

Click to view via Yahoo! Finance

Update 10 mins later... on the rebound...

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: RIMM's near $2.00 fall... what sparked this?

BUY BUY BUY!!

BUY LOW SELL HI!

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Profit taking?

I found a couple of articles about RIM over the last day or so: First, they broke ground on their new support center in Halifax. This wouldn't be a surprise to any investor (well, shouldn't be), so I wouldn't think that would have any effect at all.

The other article was a little more interesting: Apparently RIM failed to file some kind of required financial statement with the British Columbia Securities Commission that is now overdue. The article goes on to discuss the dire consequences of being overdue, etc.

I am not a lawyer, financial analyst, stock brocker, etc., I'd guess that someone just forgot to file the right paperwork (or, if the Canadian government is anything like the US government, it got filed then it got lost) and this shouldn't be of any significance.

I'd still go with profit taking.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Looks like a missed opportunity to buy. :-)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    Looks like a missed opportunity to buy. :-)
    No kidding. With 20/20 hindsight, looks like maybe the 3rd week of July would have been a great time.

Guess that means I'd better show up at work on Monday morning ...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

RIM Provides Status Update

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Oct. 27, 2006) - Research In Motion Limited today provides this status update pursuant to the alternative information guidelines of the Ontario Securities Commission. These guidelines contemplate that the Company will normally provide bi-weekly updates on its affairs until such time as the Company is current with its filing obligations under Canadian securities laws.

The Company hereby reports that its management-initiated, voluntary review of stock option grants, as reported in the Company's press releases on September 28, 2006 and October 13, 2006, is ongoing. As previously disclosed, the Audit Committee of RIM's Board of Directors has made a preliminary determination that a restatement of RIM's historical financial statements will be required. The Company does not currently anticipate a material adjustment to the preliminary second quarter operating results reported on September 28, 2006 or to current or future financial years' operating results. The Company will file its financial statements for the second quarter of fiscal 2007 as soon as possible. The Company has had communications with both the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) about its internal review, and has received a letter of informal inquiry from the SEC requesting that RIM voluntarily provide documents and information related to the Company's stock option grants and stock option practices. The Company intends to cooperate with the OSC and SEC. -- Read More

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Most tech stocks were down. Google was down over $9, or 2%, which is about the same percentage drop as RIM. I view Google as a good indicator of tech stocks in general. RIM will rebound and I think it will meet its forecast of $135 by the end of the year.