Research In Motion has quietly released an update to its BlackBerry Desktop Manager, fixing an ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

RIM updates BlackBerry Desktop Software to fix ActiveX flaw

Research In Motion has quietly released an update to its BlackBerry Desktop Manager, fixing an ActiveX vulnerability in the Roxio Media Manager that could be exploited by an attacker to cause a buffer overflow.

RIM uses the media manager to synchronize BlackBerrys and PCs running Microsoft Windows. In its advisory to customers issued Nov. 27, RIM said the flaw could be exploited if a user visits a malicious website that invokes the control. The company urged its customers to upgrade to the latest patch for the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.5, 4.6 or 4.7.

The problem is in Macrovision's FLEXnet Connect, a software package that allows vendors to provide updates to applications, according to a vulnerability note issued by the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT). As a workaround, US-CERT said companies could disable ActiveX controls in the Internet Zone.

RonnyN no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe they could also fix v4.7's backup issue.
    I've seen multiple cases of inability to perform a simple backup after an upgrade to v4.7.
    I had to wipe all the messages on my device just to be able to fix the issue.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks for the heads up! ~via BB (

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Interesting. I'm not seeing it available for download on their site anywhere? Anyone find it yet, or am I just blind?

duck383 no está en línea Stack level 2
    the wed site says download the patch that includes media manager , i have dm 4.6 without media manager (roxio is junk) and works great, where is the fix that does not include media manager (roxio) do i have to download this , i dont want to go anywhere near roxio.

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    When you go to Rim ( Download site,
    There are 4 options to download DM 4.6.
    4.6.0 B23 Multilanguage or English... With & without Media Manager.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    This only applies to the version with Media Manager since the vulnerable control is part of the Roxio package (yes, I agree that Roxio is junk, here's a good reason why). If you want to download the patch only instead of updating your entire DM package, you can download it from Roxio here:

RIM KB here:
    Device: 8100c / Apps: / Platform:

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah I agree if I don't need it, not using roxio either, then I wont waste my time.

Carpe Diem!!

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!