PIN/ID
    ask

RIM to annouce new software soon

Advertisement

Details to come...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: RIM to annouce new software soon

Such touture...... **dying from suspense**
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I'd like to know what they have planned

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Can I have a guess? Is it, Hard on the heels of its Legal settlement with NTP Research In Motion is shipping a new release of its server software, and announced the purchase of a software company for voice support on mobile devices; A new instant messaging feature lets users set up online chat capabilities, while providing message auditing and access controls with Microsoft and IBM messaging servers. Both editions of BES work with IBM Lotus Domino Versions 5.0 to 7.0, and with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, through the most recent Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2.
    By acquiring Ascendent Systems, RIM adds the vendor's Voice Mobility Suite to its line of BlackBerry devices. The Ascendent software works with PBX and IP-PBX servers, to push PBX-based features, including call transfers and call holding and voicemails over cellular or WLAN connections to mobile BlackBerry users. The software supports Session Initiation Protocol for VoIP.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    Can I have a guess? Is it, Hard on the heels of its Legal settlement with NTP Research In Motion is shipping a new release of its server software, and announced the purchase of a software company for voice support on mobile devices; A new instant messaging feature lets users set up online chat capabilities, while providing message auditing and access controls with Microsoft and IBM messaging servers. Both editions of BES work with IBM Lotus Domino Versions 5.0 to 7.0, and with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, through the most recent Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2.
    By acquiring Ascendent Systems, RIM adds the vendor's Voice Mobility Suite to its line of BlackBerry devices. The Ascendent software works with PBX and IP-PBX servers, to push PBX-based features, including call transfers and call holding and voicemails over cellular or WLAN connections to mobile BlackBerry users. The software supports Session Initiation Protocol for VoIP.
    I do know for a fact they are releasing OFFICIALLY 4.1 BES software for Exchange. We had a beta version of it here at my work.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Details to come...
    Ok!! so what was the new software? you forget about this thread did'nt you? lol still waiting for the correct answer...at least i m...

Infinyte8 no está en línea Stack level 2

Aol Instant Messenger Finally???

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by Infinyte8
    Aol Instant Messenger Finally???
    This is still a little ways off. Seeing as they just released Yahoo Messenger, and BIS 2.0 for Verizon, the only other major news is BES 4.1.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    the only other major news is BES 4.1.
    .. and BES Express. I didn't believe when I was told BES would be offered free. Didn't want to spread false excitement. Guess the source was reliable after all! lol