Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I too have found BG to be the most accurate on forward information. Puzzled by ... Smartphone News forum

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: RIM Rep: "BoyGenius has a low batting average"

Advertisement

I too have found BG to be the most accurate on forward information. Puzzled by his lack of entries about the new models though.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    BG knows as much about BB releases as the average RIM rep.
    I don't believe that for a second. I have been in meetings and/or demos with RIM reps (technical and sales) and have been told tons of juicy information. Some of the time the information validates what BG has said, and other times it debunks it. However, most of the information is never leaked by anyone, including BG.

I wish that I could share some of the information, but my employer is under an NDA. Sharing a bit of information is not worth losing my job.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I too have found BG to be the most accurate on forward information. Puzzled by his lack of entries about the new models though.
    I sent him an email, essentially he said: "soon"
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    D fish, I misspoke. BG knows more about the BB releases than the average RIM rep is willing to REVEAL. Blame it on bbwd lol.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

It obvious BG knows his stuff, which is why the RIM rep was tight. I think RIM rep was playing the game. Essentially disapproving of BG for the public, however behind the scenes, RIM appreciates what BG does.

BG relasing images and specs keeps RIM's name buzzing all over the place. And it definitely gives us someting to talk about.

So as they say in da hood where they do the most good.

DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yeah...The guy was kind of a dork too...I mean, sorry, but it's the truth...

Everyone seemed bored by his part of the seminar or whatnot.

I think it took him off guard being asked that question.

It was kind of humorous though to see the looks on the faces of people in the crowd when I mentioned an 8830...

They were probably thinking "Then why am I thinking of buying this 8800?".

Either way, probably noone else in that room had ever heard of Engadget OR BoyGenius (the majority were business professionals and don't know much about the devices outside of that they have one) so the Rep probably did a little advertising for Engadget and BoyGenius.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

lol, I'm sure if you would have looked closely you would have seen them google'ing Boy Genius on their BB's.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax
    Hmm, the Roadshow comes to Detroit Thursday, and since it is sponsered by the new AT&T and maybe just maybe the new AT&T will not be introducing the new 8830, so they can't talk about it?? Should be interesting.
    Yo HotWax....If you go....Take an old 7290 or older device with you...When they ask if anyone still has a 7290 or older device, be the first one to raise your hand...You will thank me Friday morning.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Yo HotWax....If you go....Take an old 7290 or older device with you...When they ask if anyone still has a 7290 or older device, be the first one to raise your hand...You will thank me Friday morning.

Are they GIVING AWAY 8800's to holders of older devices!!!! ahhhhh I'm going!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: RIM Rep: "BoyGenius has a low batting average"

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    D fish, I misspoke. BG knows more about the BB releases than the average RIM rep is willing to REVEAL. Blame it on bbwd lol.
    I think this is a better way to say it: "BG knows more about the BB releases than the average RIM rep!"

leef no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    This morning at the Discover BlackBerry Road Show in Nashville, TN; I asked the following question to RIM Rep Mr. Rainbow (Believe his first name is Chuck but can't be 100% on that. As soon as I have direct confirmation, I will update):

ME:
    "As you may or may not know, this morning Engadget released information regarding the 8830 series which is equipped with a camera, and supposedly WiFi. Can you give any information regarding a time-frame for these devices to hit the market, or offer any insight on what the differences of the 8800, 8820 and 8830 are".

As you can probably imagine, the guy didn't seem to happy about it:

Mr Rainbow:
    "We are not authorized to comment on articles that are posted on Engadget, therefore I can not verify that such a device exists (At this point I was close to handing him my 8700 which was logged into the Engadget page, but decided to be nice).

He even went on to say that (without me mentioning):
    "BoyGenius has a pretty low batting average"

This I thought was kind of humorous, because he has become well known in the Wireless/BlackBerry world as the man with the inside information.

Sorry RIM, but two things on this:

A: BoyGenius has a solid reputation of getting information on these devices AND pictures of these devices before they are even released for pubic purchase.

B: That was pretty lame to even bring BoyGenius into your response about the 8830 pictures and leaks, when it was specifically mentioned that ENGADGET was the one who had the pictures posted and leaked.

Even though BG has reported information before it's readily available and is still considered "unconfirmed" until it is announced officially, I think that he has done a pretty good job of giving acurate and correct information to the community.

Just my $0.02.
    Comment from a newb - I'll admit to being confused - while I understand that the thread was primarily in relationship to the comment made about BG, there may be a few things here that require some clarification.

1. Engadget does not appear to be the source of the leak, mentesdigitales appears to have been the original source. Engadget's link takes you to mentesdigitales of Spain. Javier Agüera from Madrid.

2. 8830 also appears to be incorrect - I haven't been able to find a single reference to this model number, I believe 8300 is the model being discussed.

- lee

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

After BG mentioned a device with what the 8300 has inside, RIM got wind of BG reporting it, they (RIM) decided to change things. This is according to BG himself through his website weeks ago.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

hmmmmmmmmmmm

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

lol.... yeah I wasnt sure what to say to that either.

514HH no está en línea Stack level 2

BG's insider info is pretty impressive for a young guy like him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast