In an e-mailed statement, the company spokesperson declined to discuss any specific unannounced BlackBerry models ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

RIM: No problems with the new BlackBerry 9000 batteries

Advertisement

In an e-mailed statement, the company spokesperson declined to discuss any specific unannounced BlackBerry models but did point out that "power management protocols" (the software that helps control what parts of the BlackBerry get powered) are typically disabled on prototype devices in order to simplify the software debugging process.

While it is no secret that RIM is testing HSDPA network technology, the spokesperson said the company is pleased with both the speeds and battery performance it is achieving.

[Read More]

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Thanks hayde, interesting read...

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2

That sounds like BS to me...

Sounds like BS to me. As far as I know, power management protocols are NOT disabled on prototype devices, as least they weren't on early models of the Pearl and Curve....

AZA

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Very interesting read. Very interesting to see this. It could be a possibility that they werent disabled. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    You know what I meant. Lol.you never know. They could have tried something different since this is the first 3g device ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    Wow!!!!!good post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    No wonder it takes RIM so long to roll out a new device.

First, they need to shut off the battery management to test the prototype. IF everything worked as expected, then they need to see whether the prototype works with battery management feature on. If not, they need to go back to the designing table and test again? Can they have better testing techniques and strategy?

Thank god, RIM makes blackberry and not regular phone. Otherwise, with their only handful new devices every year and slooooooooow release process, they could have been run into a situation like Motorola.
    Last edited by penpower; 05-01-2008 at 05:28 PM.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    I am personally not upgrading anytime soon, love the red curve. I would rather wait for them to get better battery life and then upgrade. I do expect my new device to be maybe in about year and a half, my personal usual cycle is about year and six months. So i am hoping for a 9300 to be my next device! Should be interesting model!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene