Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've been with At&t over eight years now, and will continue to ... Smartphone News forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've been with At&t over eight years now, and will continue to maintain my account with them in perpetuity.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only reason that makes sense for Verizon getting the exclusive is that Verizon had to have given a lotttt of money for it. Even if Verizon's network is better, at the end of the day by bringing out a device first in CDMA RIM is limiting sales to pretty much only Canada and the US. Therefore the only thing that makes sense is that Verizon came up with a lot of money to get the exclusive so that it can help them out with PR and marketing. I am sure Verizon has a taken a good hit in that area with more and more top devices hitting the GSM market first. It works both ways... its like when people brag about at&t being god because they get all the devices first. Its like hey, at&t is not god, its just because at the end of the day they are the betetr GSM carrier, so of course they will get ''most'' of the devices first. At the end of the day it doesnt matter matter how good your customer service is, or your area of coverage; the GSM operator wiht the most subcsribers will get most of the devices first.

bgill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461F24B
    Exactly! We have come to a point where the phone technology has surpassed the infrastructures ability to support it. Why do you suppose the Bold is being released every where except the US? This issue is dynamite for the EDGE/3G carriers in the US. I can't wait for users to wake up and realize that our phone infrastructure in this country is outdated, plain and simple! So if you're considering buying a phone because it has 3G you may want to reconsider. I will buy the Bold once the price comes down becuase overall it is a more powerful phone not because of the 3G.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    well put. Let hope this is addressed quickly.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes, very well put....... RIM is hitting that crossroad that other major manufacturers have been dealing wiht for a while... not bothering to release, or releasing handsets late to the north American market. Until now, Blackberries were the only mobile that would come out first in North America. Now that is over with.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-12-2008 at 11:37 AM.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good article. I still cant wait for my bold. Touchscreens just dont do it for me. I need that qwerty. I still also want the 3g, but hey we cant have it all just yet.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Eeeesh... this article is my worst nightmare. I've been trying to justify switching to the Bold from my 8830. Though I realize the AMAZING and significant upgrades the Bold will carry, I'm fearful of losing my faithful and persistent Verizon network. (I SWEAR TO GOD, if Verizon locks down GPS on the ThunderStorm I'm switching over regardless of my gut feelings.)

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    the other thing to consider, is that map shows what currently belongs to verizon, find the same map for alltel then combine them, since that's what likely happens after the first of the year.....
    ----------------------------
    Blackberry Fanatic
    Amateur Photographer/StormShooter
    (PM me for Website/Photo Gallery)

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Good article Hayden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12