Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by Brooose I can't take Bonnie Cha and these CNET people seriously. They ... Smartphone News forum

ddl111 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    I can't take Bonnie Cha and these CNET people seriously. They play with the phones for 5 minutes, write reviews that are filled with mistakes and act like they are gadget-gods! I wouldn't waste my time with them. Pinstack is much more reliable for BB. PPCgeeks is great for Windows Mobile. Treocentral is good for Treos. CNET is not worth your time.
    Actually Bonnie Cha is very knowledgeable about BB's. She is part of our BB nation. She has a curve as her personal phone. I know this because I have watched one of her reviews before and she said it. U can't really get mad at her review....she's just doing her job. Sometimes the truth hurts. The Storm is slow and a lot of people know it.

jamie_2692 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would not put a whole lot of stock into those reviews. They were very limited and as someone else pointed out, they just kept falling back on the lag of the storm no matter what part they were reviewing.
    What bothered me most about that review was that the comments didn't match the scores in most cases. I would read the comment for each phone and I could tell they were definitely favouring one device over the other yet they both got the same mark.
    They needed to more categories and make them more specific and they needed to write more than 20 words for each part. That wasn't the most professional review.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Im not sure if it's just the way that they printed the comparisons, but it's seems quite obvious that they are in the tank for apple...
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Actually I feel like they have to compare the Storm with the 1st version of the iPhone, or maybe the 3G BUT WITH THE FIRST FIRMWARE cuz the "mayor" errors are because of the software, and after a few updates they are gonna be solved.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by genodelick View Post
    Actually I feel like they have to compare the Storm with the 1st version of the iPhone, or maybe the 3G BUT WITH THE FIRST FIRMWARE cuz the "mayor" errors are because of the software, and after a few updates they are gonna be solved.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You'd be surprised at how well the first FW of the iPhone held up.

Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2
    No doubt that RIM needs to fix the buggy/slow GUI, but CNet punished the Storm severely 3 times for the same issue (in the "Navigation," "Web Browsing and Multimedia," and "Call Quality and Performance" categories).

Meanwhile, it's a long list of major features that the Storm has in it's first iteration, but that the iPhone still lacks in its second iteration (e.g., notes, task sync, copy/paste, video recording, MMS, GPS navigation, SD card, stereo bluetooth, battery replacement, etc.), yet CNet punished the iPhone only mildly and only once (in the "Features" category).

The bias is obvious.

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    No doubt that RIM needs to fix the buggy/slow GUI, but CNet punished the Storm severely 3 times for the same issue (in the "Navigation," "Web Browsing and Multimedia," and "Call Quality and Performance" categories).

Meanwhile, it's a long list of major features that the Storm has in it's first iteration, but that the iPhone still lacks in its second iteration (e.g., notes, task sync, copy/paste, video recording, MMS, GPS navigation, SD card, stereo bluetooth, battery replacement, etc.), yet CNet punished the iPhone only mildly and only once (in the "Features" category).

The bias is obvious.
    And painful, to boot.

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1
    Um...like I said in another post, I'm surprised at the reaction the Storm has gotten..(maybe I just got lucky and got one without any problems?)

But, there's one thing this article fails to mention - who are they reviewing the phones for? Smartphone users? (because the iphone is NOT a smartphone), people interested in games? Casual users?

The iPhone is a great media player and gaming machine - a phone it is not. I only had my iphone for a little over a week because I lost count on the dropped calls around 20 (not exaggerating - AT&Ts service in LA is HORRIBLE). The speakerphone is laughable, as well as the call quality. I can't believe Cnet lumped call quality and performance together - LAME. If I gave the Storm a 9 in call quality, I'd give the iphone a 2.

Also, when talking about speed, what the hell are they talking about?
    Do this on an iphone: 1. Get an email with a tracking number, 2. Head over to USPS.com and enter the tracking number, 3. Receive an email, reply to that email, then return to your browser session.

Now do that with the Storm. Considering I don't have to use a pencil to write down the tracking number, and I don't have to close the Browser to read and reply to the email, then wait for it to reload when I open the browser again, I'd say the Storm wins that race hands down.

Really the only thing slow on the Storm right now is the selection of programs. Switching between programs and running programs are extremely fast and stream-lined. Typing (for me, at least) is great.

I'm not really a Blackberry fanboy, I just enjoy things that WORK. I had the Pearl for over a year, but switched to AT&T to get the iphone because it looked so cool. I was appauled at the horrible call quality, lack of cell service (not like LA is a small town), and the iphone interface. Having to always go back to the home screen to switch programs was annoying, to say the least....

The Cnet article was terrible....didn't address any of the main issues of a SMARTPHONE (which, like I said, iphone is not, so a comparison is really like apples to oranges)...i.e. Battery life, removable media, multi-tasking, business application, etc.... Shame on Cnet......

..and Bob G - Exactly - all the things that make a phone a smartphone....
    Last edited by Adamallica; 12-19-2008 at 03:06 AM.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been a blackberry user for 4 years now with a few different models. After playing with the storm at verizon I just couldn't see myself with that slow phone. So I am trying an Iphone and have had it for a day and so far love most of the features. But it's not a BB and the OS of the Iphone has actually been very easy to use. I have 28 days to play with this phone and see if BB can fix the bugs in the storm. The Bold is just too overpriced.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103 View Post
    After playing with the storm at verizon
    that statement just discredits your view of the storm. you cannot have a valid opinion of the device by playing with a demo version in a verizon store where the three previous "players" were ten year old kids trying to find the pacman game on it.

i was in a mall the weekend before christmas and saw a verizon kiosk and had to stop by and look at the available accessories for the storm. after not seeing any that i liked i picked up their demo storm and tried to check it out.after a few minutes i quietly set it back down,shook my head and walked away.

now i'm not an iphone basher,it's a good device for what it is... you just have to decide which one is right for you but using an iphone for 30 days and "playing" with a storm at the verizon store is not a fair comparison.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123