Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I got my demo in from bell and it has .76 on it, didn't have ... Smartphone News forum

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7

Advertisement

I got my demo in from bell and it has .76 on it, didn't have any of the probs stated above, this is the first 4 hrs I have had it. I like it, my ipod touch is so sensitive but un like the storm no click to execute the programs, plus the copy and paste is there,meh what do I know anyways, I work for bell not CNET. Lol~via BB9530(test) (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    my major problem with rim is they spend so much time putting out crappy devices they never fix problems with existing handsets random shutoffs phone freezing loss of memory etc out of all my previous blackberry handsets it wasn't until the 8xxx serious quality started lacking i dont own a iphone but after playing with a friends typing was a breeze where after owning a storm for over 2 weeks i hated the keyboard i want rim go back to the quality i used to expect from them

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    It was a good review.
    Seems to me that people are getting lazier as the years go by. All I read was how easy it was to use the iphone and how simple the interface is. Some fail to realize is that is what apple all about. I do agree with them about a few things that turned me off on the iphone, no MMS, video recording, and only plays mp4 videos.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nabitheking View Post

I mean... what does call quality have to do with the phone being not as snappy as iPhone, not to mention that it is actually not as slow as they claim it to be. I'd say that is a little biased.
    The way the review was structured, it lumped call quality with general performance under one category. In that context, I can see why the slowness was mentioned. Granted, I think call quality should have been by itself or at least grouped with something more relevant, but given the structure of the testing, the judges probably were compelled to factor in the slowness in that category.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    How can the iphone be a media phone with out stereo bluetooth?

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    I don't care what cNet says... I have an iPhone and it BITES BALLS. Seriously. It's always lagging on me, especially if I'm in the iPod and am trying to type out a SMS.. It lags after you unlock it, and is just a POS compared to anything BB..

/fanboy out

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Because most consumers don't know or care about bluetooth stereo. You don't have to be advanced in technology to be an iphone owner. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Apple aint got nothin on bes tho. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by boxaberry View Post
    I don't care what cNet says... I have an iPhone and it BITES BALLS. Seriously. It's always lagging on me, especially if I'm in the iPod and am trying to type out a SMS.. It lags after you unlock it, and is just a POS compared to anything BB..

/fanboy out
    I love it as soon as there is a big enough card I moving all my music to my bb. At the mo have about 500 songs on it. Connect to my home stereo via bluetooth and enjoy. Its one of the greatest things I have ever found.

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i also have to disgree with cnet's shady comparison biased totally toward the apple iphone. iphone is all looks and doesn't have the features to back it up like the storm, i bet if you stripped down the storm to a only the basics like the apple phone then it would not lag as much and if you're calling the iphone a winner. Also although they said that the iphone is a better media phone and has a better browser, you are able to stream from any site on the storm but on the iphone you can only watch youtube videos. There are a lot more stuff to consider when doing such an analysis and i don't think cnet cared much about the facts but rather on shunning the storm and declaring the iphone the almighty device and this was their way of doing so. In my opinion even my curve if a better phone and device than the iphone because of the stuff it can do and how it does it and not just standing there and looking nice. All this comparison shows me is not to trust cnet of any knowledge.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Can't we all just get along? lmao

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehage View Post
    i also have to disgree with cnet's shady comparison biased totally toward the apple iphone. iphone is all looks and doesn't have the features to back it up like the storm, i bet if you stripped down the storm to a only the basics like the apple phone then it would not lag as much and if you're calling the iphone a winner. Also although they said that the iphone is a better media phone and has a better browser, you are able to stream from any site on the storm but on the iphone you can only watch youtube videos. There are a lot more stuff to consider when doing such an analysis and i don't think cnet cared much about the facts but rather on shunning the storm and declaring the iphone the almighty device and this was their way of doing so. In my opinion even my curve if a better phone and device than the iphone because of the stuff it can do and how it does it and not just standing there and looking nice. All this comparison shows me is not to trust cnet of any knowledge.
    I totally agree. I felt that there was a huge biased towards Apple's device. Besides - the Storm is first gen, and can only get better; where Apple on the other hand only succeeded in giving it a slightly longer standby and talk time, removed the EDGE and added 3G.. /begin sarcasm| Oh, did I forget to mention they made it "pretty"? What an improvement! That's how you make a smart phone work better! Focus on how "pretty" it is!! /end sarcasm|

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I love it as soon as there is a big enough card I moving all my music to my bb. At the mo have about 500 songs on it. Connect to my home stereo via bluetooth and enjoy. Its one of the greatest things I have ever found.
    I'm sure there's an 8gb card floating around the markets.. That should hold most all of your jams.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    go to http://cnettv.cnet.com/ and click on the prizefight image on the left.... video to compliment the text.
    "Who Dares Wins"

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    go to http://cnettv.cnet.com/ and click on the prizefight image on the left.... video to compliment the text.

Oh no! The Storm got whooped like De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao :cry:

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    The funny thing is... I don't see the storm competing with the iphone from conception.. it's another form factor for blackberry. Just more sales for RIM.

As for the screen and typing... If I were writing the code for new updates I would write in the option to choose whether or not one wants to click the screen or not.
    "Who Dares Wins"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast