Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I was able to get into the filters on my BIS with T-Mobile via the ... Smartphone News forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

I was able to get into the filters on my BIS with T-Mobile via the website.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I set a filter to only accept email from gmail, hotmail and other big named companies but the email doesn't stop from coming into my BlackBerry.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27
    I set my filter for the bb up so that the "to" field must have my full email address...and then when I saved the filter it asked "if no filters apply" and I chose "do not foward messages to handheld"... I was noticing that when I looked at the to field on the spam emails they never had my full email address, it may have started with the same letters but was not mine...so far 1 full day with no spam...knock on wood...hopefully I am not shooting myself in the foot and will cause me not to get emails I want...

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no emails on my account. But I have never used the account. I remember the name I just can't remember what comes after the @.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    < knocks on wood) i havent had any, and if i do....im going to....just...keep getting them? hope they find a fix before it gets me and everyone else

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Just today I started getting spam on my cingular.blackberry.com account.... Gonna have to set up some sort of filter..... They got my addy somehow... ... Grrr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Suzzy, I don't think they have your address from anywhere. I think N8's description of the hacking is the explantion.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Question

U know I get more spam on my GMail account than any other email accounts I have, including Hotmail. Trying to figure out hhow to get ri of all that spam. I get about 15 spam messages a day on my GMail!
    Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks!!

zycron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D2F2C1
    On gmail I have setup some very specific filters along with using their spam killer. Have had much success except for the ocassional cid which I cannot seem to filter out.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am getting spam like crazy on my Cingular BIS account. Anyone know of filters for Cingular Blackberry accounts

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't know if you can do it on Cingular, but on my T-Moblie account I set up a filter that only passed emails addressed to my account to my BB. That cut it out almost completely as most of the emails were not actually addressed to me.
    I think I have only recieved 1 spam to my BIS account after that and it was sent to my correct address. That was at least a week ago, and before I was getting 1 to maybe 5 a day.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I get about 2-5, it started about 4 days ago, and I have had my 8700c since the its initial release and had a BIS setup. Very few people have my actual account and I know they are not the spammers. Its very annoying thinking I am getting a message I have been waiting for or need and it only be JUNK.

zycron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D2F2C1

Re: RIM Aware Of Spam Problem...Are They Doing Anything?

The problem with a lot of this "spam" is that people who have your addy in their local adress book sometimes open viruses which then start the cycle of sending out emails that look like spam from people who do not even know they have viruses. Sigh.

Gmail and spamcop filters seem to be cutting it down.

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Here's what RIM recommends

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...88260&vernum=0

It's worked for a couple people in my office so far. Including the 8 or so that I have implemented this for, we have seen about 2 spam emails that got through since implementation. Most of these people were receiving at least 4-6 a day.

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    This is still happening!?
    How come I haven't gotten any?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast