WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Sept. 22, 2006) - Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) will be reporting results ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

RIM to Announce Second Quarter Results on September 28 - live! Join here...

Advertisement

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Sept. 22, 2006) - Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) will be reporting results for the second quarter of fiscal 2007 on September 28, 2006 after the close of the market. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 5 pm ET, which can be accessed by dialing 416-644-3414 or by logging on at http://www.rim.com/investors/events/index.shtml#
    Last edited by N8DBB; 09-28-2006 at 06:10 PM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: RIM to Announce Second Quarter Results on September 28

Any guesses?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lower than expected. As much as I hate to say it, I believe reports from this website (and others that I won't mention) have hindered the selling of the 8100.

Obviously with a new device, there are bugs to be expected, but I also believe that consumers now a days are smart and check reviews on products before they actually go out and buy them.

Say it a positive, say it a negative, but my belief is that this site and others have hindered the selling of the pearl, not to mention the lack of advertising.

HOWEVER, give it a month or so and I see RIM stock shooting up once again.

BUT, as good as a stock that I think RIM COULD be, unless they do something that will completely overtake the market, then I don't see their stock ever going over $90 a share on the NASDAQ.

Call me a pesimmist, whatever, but I think everyone knows what I am getting at.

The wireless market is getting WAY to competitive right now. And to me, the dumbest thing that RIM has done is allow other carrier devices to be "BlackBerry Enabled".

Yes, from a consumer standpoint it is nice, but from a business standpoint, I see it as a very bad move.

Yes, you get the $ coming in from Nokia and whatnot to license the product, but at the same time you are cutting your balls off (excuse the expression) because other wireless companies are quickly catching up in the "push" email services.

What DOES BlackBerry have going for it?

Right now: stability.

Do I own stock in RIM? Nope. Would I buy RIM stock? Sure. If it dipped down to $40-$50 share, then I would be all over it.

I may be wrong, and I am sure that I am going to get some flames for posting this, this is just my opinion.

RIM has already stepped UP to the bar with the push into the consumer market, but it is time to go above and beyond that bar.

PUSH email capability is what put RIM on the map.

But now other carriers are catching up with that. Now its time to set the bar higher, and you have proved you can do it, so let's see it.

BlackBerry devices are GREAT devices period.

HOWEVER, in the business world, as in the sports world, there is always someone who has the ability and is going to be bigger and badder.

You need to prepare for that.

RIM has done a good job listening to what the "average consumer" has to say. What's that mean? That means that I believe RIM actually has employees on sites such as Pinstack, listening to what consumers want.

I am not sure of EXACT PS figures, however I would bet most of us are regular consumers and not business consumers (which is actually why I prefer this site).

That being said, I am sure they are listening. Proof being the consumer models and the 4.2 OS upgrades that have been mentioned on this site before that consumers requested and are not functionable.

RIM-Listen to us public consumers and your stock will grow as will your company. But at the same time, raise the bar. Impress the hell out of not only us, but the ENTIRE wireless technology community.

I think you HAVE the ability, but I question your actual willingness to do so completelty, therfore I feel more comfortable purchasing stock in CITGO and BP right now.

Oops. I am only going to invest in them because gas prices are dropping. Hahahahaha. Funny how gas is FINALLY dropping right before the election eh?

If you tell me you have your hand in Bush or Chaneys pocket though, I will sell all I own and buy your stock! Woot!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Update: Join me on this call! Starts now!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: RIM to Announce Second Quarter Results on September 28 - live! Join here...

Well, sounds like we need to prepare ourselves for a media/advertising blitz of the Pearl. Get ready for some new Pinstack members.

Also, pearl will be making its way overseas here soon, so you all hold tight.