Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The blackberry 8120 will be launching April 14, 2008; unless of course any setbacks. I ... Smartphone News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Review Of T-Mobile's Blackerry 8120

Advertisement

The blackberry 8120 will be launching April 14, 2008; unless of course any setbacks. I had an opportunity to play with the new device, and it is a really nice one. The blackberry 8120 will be supported by the T-Mobile Network.
    Includes: the new 4.3.0.115, Video Record, 2.0Megapixel camera, Wifi, and @talk forever (hotspot@ home).
    The device in comparison to the pearl is right about the same size but the 8120 definitely has a solid feel to it, and feels heavier than the pearl. The keyboard is slightly "italicized" but feels just a comfortable as any suretype keyboard should feel. The device also has the exterior memory door; which is great for swapping memory cards without having to turn the device off and on. However, it does feel a little tricky pulling the memory card out of the door. The camera on this device is a good as the curve, nice and clear, and the video record is amazing (however you can not use the video record unless you have a memory card). The music player on the device is actually the best music player that I have ever heard on a blackberry. There are two speakers built inside the device for very great stereo sound. The music player doesn't have the equalizer like some of the 4.3 beta software offered but with the media player inside this device there really isn't a need for one.
    I'm still playing around with the device and learning more about it.

Looks like the pricing on a two year agreement is 149.99$ after 50$ mail in rebate. And 199.99$ after a 50$ mail in rebate.

I got this from a reliable source . . . (Lol). . .

here are some known issues so far with the device, none of them seem to be really that bad at all, know remember these issues don't happen on all devices or happen all the time. Just some issues that have came up....

-Handheld resets while on a call
    -Deleted image still displays on the myFaves icon
    -'File size exceeded' error when sending a long Voice Note: If you try to send a long Voice Note that exceeds the handheld limit of three minutes, the error: file size exceeded appears and the user cannot send the Voice Note
    -myFaves contact name is truncated on some myFaves features
    -Handheld downloads unsupported media files:** The supported audio file types are: MIDI, MID, SMF, MP3, M4A, and WAV.
    ·*The supported video file types are: AVI, MOV, 3GP, MP4, M4V, MPG, and WMV 9 (Simple Profile Video Decoder).
    -Two myFaves contacts share the same activity log: If two myFaves contacts share the same first name, the activity for both contacts is logged to the same log.
    -myFaves circles display ADD before synching with myFaves server
    -myFaves anniversary icon remains on screen after date has passed
    -Incoming call triggers speakerphone
    -Network code and country code are displayed instead of network name

Sorry couldn't get any pics uploaded I'm posting on the wap browser.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nice review, Jonny. Thanks for the preview of features and problems.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    awesome - thanks
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    not better than the curves 4.5 os media player lol!

alonesoul no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4007AB30
    Hopefully the release of 4.5 will fix the problems mentioned ...

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not bad, I might have to get it for my mom, she is the only one in my immediate family without one

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Do you prefer it over your 8100 Pearl or 8320 Curve?

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    The blackberry 8120 will be launching April 14, 2008; unless of course any setbacks. I had an opportunity to play with the new device, and it is a really nice one. The blackberry 8120 will be supported by the T-Mobile Network.
    Includes: the new 4.3.0.115, Video Record, 2.0Megapixel camera, Wifi, and @talk forever (hotspot@ home).
    The device in comparison to the pearl is right about the same size but the 8120 definitely has a solid feel to it, and feels heavier than the pearl. The keyboard is slightly "italicized" but feels just a comfortable as any suretype keyboard should feel. The device also has the exterior memory door; which is great for swapping memory cards without having to turn the device off and on. However, it does feel a little tricky pulling the memory card out of the door. The camera on this device is a good as the curve, nice and clear, and the video record is amazing (however you can not use the video record unless you have a memory card). The music player on the device is actually the best music player that I have ever heard on a blackberry. There are two speakers built inside the device for very great stereo sound. The music player doesn't have the equalizer like some of the 4.3 beta software offered but with the media player inside this device there really isn't a need for one.
    I'm still playing around with the device and learning more about it.

Looks like the pricing on a two year agreement is 149.99$ after 50$ mail in rebate. And 199.99$ after a 50$ mail in rebate.

I got this from a reliable source . . . (Lol). . .

here are some known issues so far with the device, none of them seem to be really that bad at all, know remember these issues don't happen on all devices or happen all the time. Just some issues that have came up....

-Handheld resets while on a call
    -Deleted image still displays on the myFaves icon
    -'File size exceeded' error when sending a long Voice Note: If you try to send a long Voice Note that exceeds the handheld limit of three minutes, the error: file size exceeded appears and the user cannot send the Voice Note
    -myFaves contact name is truncated on some myFaves features
    -Handheld downloads unsupported media files:** The supported audio file types are: MIDI, MID, SMF, MP3, M4A, and WAV.
    ·*The supported video file types are: AVI, MOV, 3GP, MP4, M4V, MPG, and WMV 9 (Simple Profile Video Decoder).
    -Two myFaves contacts share the same activity log: If two myFaves contacts share the same first name, the activity for both contacts is logged to the same log.
    -myFaves circles display ADD before synching with myFaves server
    -myFaves anniversary icon remains on screen after date has passed
    -Incoming call triggers speakerphone
    -Network code and country code are displayed instead of network name

Sorry couldn't get any pics uploaded I'm posting on the wap browser.
    Those real big bugs in my opinion. I have the same problems with certain beta, but manual refresh and battery pull help alot
    BB8900 is mine!

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    Will the 4.3 on the 8120 be replaced with the new 4.5 OS (hopefully to be released soon)?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Do you prefer it over your 8100 Pearl or 8320 Curve?

Ummmm I can't say I perfer it over the curve because they are both so different. But I really enjoy the OS on the 8120 the keyboard of the 8320 and the speakers (for the music player) of the 8120. So its really hard to say. I really want to replace my pearl 8100 with the 8120.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    So far the bugs are happening in a small amount of the test subjects. At least that's what I was told but they still happened so just keep on the look out for any newer OS updates. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brandon_hair no está en línea Stack level 2
    this sounds exactly like the 8130 on verizon. Is it any different?

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Nice review, Jonny. I hope that TMO Germany will get some WiFi-BB asap.

Peter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_hair View Post
    this sounds exactly like the 8130 on verizon. Is it any different?
    I don't think there are that many differences. U think the 8130 has gps. And the vcast service. But don't quote me on that.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Very nice review Johnny! Please refrain from any shower pics of it! We all can use a break from that sick feeling lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast