WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 28, 2007) - Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM), a world ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Research In Motion Announces Effective 3-for-1 Stock Split

Advertisement

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 28, 2007) - Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM), a world leader in the mobile communications market, announced that its Board of Directors today approved a 3-for-1 stock split of the company's outstanding common shares. The 3-for-1 stock split will be implemented by way of a stock dividend whereby shareholders will receive two common shares of the company for each common share held. The stock dividend will be payable on August 20, 2007 to common shareholders of record at the close of business on August 17, 2007. The total number of common shares outstanding as of June 28, 2007 was 186 million. Adjusting for the stock split, the total number of common shares outstanding will be 558 million.

Shareholders should retain their existing share certificates and not return their share certificates to the company's transfer agent. Share certificates representing the stock dividend will be mailed out on or about August 20, 2007 to registered shareholders as of the record date. Non-registered shareholders' brokerage accounts with be credited for the additional shares representing the stock dividend on or about the payment date.

RIM is ascribing essentially no monetary value to the stock dividend. Accordingly, there will be no tax payable by Canadian or U.S. shareholders as a result of the dividend. Shareholders are advised to contact their tax advisors for further information.

RIM's common shares are expected to begin trading on a post-stock dividend basis on the Toronto Stock Exchange on August 15, 2007 and on Nasdaq on August 21, 2007.

Further details and answers to shareholder questions relating to the stock split will be available on RIM's website at http://www.rim.com/investors/faqs/index.shtml.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Research In Motion Announces Effective 3-for-1 Stock Split

there are over 9,000,000 of us crackberry addicts... i baught stock in bb in early 2004 so im very excited about this and where bb is and is going. i love rim as an investment. and as my life line/addiction. great year. and more to come. i cant wait