Send and Receive Corporate and Personal E-mail in the Air with RIM's BlackBerry 8820 and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Reporters on a plane: JetBlue's inaugural 'e-mail flight'

Advertisement

Send and Receive Corporate and Personal E-mail in the Air with RIM's BlackBerry 8820 and BlackBerry Curve 8320.

JetBlue Airways, partnering with Yahoo!, Research In Motion (RIM) and LiveTV, today becomes the first U.S. domestic carrier to provide complimentary in-flight e-mail and instant messaging services, starting with "BetaBlue," the airline's first Airbus A320 aircraft equipped with an onboard wireless network. Customers using Wi-Fi(r) enabled laptops and smartphones can now stay connected to friends, family and colleagues in the air via customized in-flight versions of Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger, while those with Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphones can access their corporate and personal e-mail.

BetaBlue, the airline's exclusive trial aircraft for LiveTV products, enables customers to send and receive e-mail and instant messages using in-flight versions of Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger, the most popular e-mail and instant messaging services in the U.S. Additionally, fliers with Wi-Fi enabled smartphones from RIM, such as the new Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry 8820 or BlackBerry Curve 8320, will be able to access their BlackBerry e-mail and instant messages.

[Read More] - Also see here

marrechea no está en línea Stack Level 1

Re: Reporters on a plane: JetBlue's inaugural 'e-mail flight'

I think that is a great Idea I'm tierd of the a paper plane ticket. I think that eventually all airlines would have this type of service